MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Can't change time zone for adminstrator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having two problems:

1. The time zone for the admin (myself) won't change. Always GMT.
I'm going to Edit User, Account Settings, and changing it, then pressing Save User at the bottom. The resulting screen says that the changes were saved... if I work-around problem #2, the automatically-inserted "new password" (see below)

2. 'New password' field "automatically" filled in! When making the above change in Edit User, even though go directly to Account Settings, make a change, then press "Save User," I see an error, telling me that my passwords don't match. Well... I didn't enter any new passwords! ...but upon looking on the Profile tab, there's a "New password" entered! Where did that come from?

I'm using Firefox and have saved my MyBB password in FF, but it shouldn't be populating that field, especially since its the "NEW password" field, and I didn't even visit that tab, but see the error indicating the "New Password" and "Confirm New Password" don't match.

Thanks.
I have a third problem relating to time:

3. The admin logs show times that are 2 hours ahead of actual for events.

Summary:
- Its 8:40 pm now (actual time)
- My user account says "local time" is 3:40 am (that's GMT time, that I'm stuck in)
- I tried to change my user's time zone, and the admin log entry says the change was made at 10:40 pm. (well it didn't really change... but where did that time come from?)

As far as I know I specified all the correct time zones when setting up the forum and users.
#1 is fixed for 1.4.1
#2 is not a problem with MyBB. Your browser is automatically filling in the field
#3 The ACP doesn't take into account your Timezone for admin logs.
I upgraded to v 1.4.1, and the forum still won't save the time zone for my (admin) user account.

Was this really fixed, or do I need to do something special to make this work properly?
Bug confirmed in 1.4.1: $mybb->input['timezoneoffset'] is used in the code, but the <select> field name is just "timezone"
(2008-08-17, 09:41 PM)WDZ Wrote: [ -> ]Bug confirmed in 1.4.1: $mybb->input['timezoneoffset'] is used in the code, but the <select> field name is just "timezone"
I recall making that change... :/
Hmm, someone made this change, but that wasn't the only bug... =p

// 1.4.0
build_timezone_select("timezone", $mybb->user['timezone'])
// 1.4.1
build_timezone_select("timezone", $mybb->input['timezone'])
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.