MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar-column alignment in classic view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having some issues with getting the first column of the forum display to align properly. It looks all right with small Avatars, but my forum allows up to 150x150 avatars. The width of the column appears to adjust itself regarding the width of the avatar, so it varies from poster to poster. Also it's not aligned with the "Author/Message" row's column split either.

I've tried to see if I could fix it with the stylesheet, but didn't find any section specific to the first column.

This worked fine in 1.2.x, but not since the upgrade to 1.4. Help is appreciated.
got the same problem, is there still no fix?
This 'might' be a browser issue, some browsers display things like that differently.

First, try a few different browsers.
Hello,

I have the same problem on my boards.
And i could reproduce it here Big Grin .

I tried with Mozilla and IE

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-43050.html

It's not only a sigpic probem, but a matter of width size in the row of membre info content.

For exemple, when activing the "warning" tool, it's worsted.

And in the same way i have this kind of error when no breack line in posts :

like this one Cool

test :
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
This is not a bug. That is how it's designed. It's called liquid width.
Thanks for your answer Big Grin .

I searched on the board and the wiki about "liquid width" and found nothing.

Is there a way to solve this and restore the mybb1.2 view ?
I'm also having the same problem and its driving me nuts. Does anyone know how to fix this?

-Chris
It's possible to fix, but for it really to work you will also have to limit the length of the username or force at least a space after so much characters.

in postbit_classic look for

<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;">

after

text-align: center;

but before

">

add

max-width:168px; min-width:168px;

so it look likes this:

<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; max-width:168px; min-width:168px;">

I forgot why i used the max and min thing, but iirc it was the only way for me to get it to work without distorting layout.