MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PJIRC Chat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've uploaded PJIRC Chat to my forum and I need a bit of assistance please.

Can somebody please tell me where to find a IRC server and channel to add to the configuration? I am not sure how to go about doing that. Huh

Also, when I click on the chat icon on top of my forum, it appears to be opening the chat window but only give me a box with a red x at the top. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
If you dont have a IRC channel you canĀ“t use this mods. Try ex connect to IRC server grass.nl.p2p-network.net and connect to #piratezone This is MY channel.
When you are connected to the server and channel you wrote this:

/join #the_channel_yo_want
(ex: /join #Brownsugar)

Now you connect to a channel with the name Brownsugar and you got a @ with your nickname meaning you are now the channel moderator. Now yo need to register the channel - type /msg chanserv help register and read the rest.

After finish all that use grass.nl.p2p-network.net as irc server and #Brownsugar as channel and your mods works.
I can't thank you enough for this!!! I will take care of it first thing in the morning when I have a clear head!!! Thank you again for your help!!
depending on the irc network in use. you may need to register both the username and channel on a website.
Thank you.
I'm still having a problem getting the chat to load. I still only get the red x in the corner as do all of my members.

On my PC the Java platform is running the most current version. I checked the chat files that I uploaded and they all have read permissions. And I even checked the ProxyEnable in my registry and it is set to 0. So I am still at a loss.
I tried doing it through yours, FedT and I got
"No Ident Response, Username prefixed with^"

Any ideas? I have been messing with IRC all night to get the PJIRC client to work