MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Task Manager] How to Prune Admin sessions every 15min?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It´s there any task that can do this?
clean admin sessions every 15 minutes for example?

thanks
Hi,
Is there any particular reason you want this?
By default, admin sessions expire after 2 hours, and pruned randomly, however it isn't implemented as a task for various reasons.
(2008-08-14, 12:53 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,
Is there any particular reason you want this?
By default, admin sessions expire after 2 hours, and pruned randomly, however it isn't implemented as a task for various reasons.

Thanks for replying Zinga.

Yes, there is a problem with default session duration. It´s too long to a 6 admins forum like mine Toungue

Admins of my Community, including me, access the Forum in University and Job, so shortening the sessions I´ll be sure that they are really themselves using admin and not any curious person who access their computers at lunch break or whatever

and Top Link 'Admin CP' is enabled because Profile View in forum only show "Edit user in ModCP" and not "Edit user in Admin CP" like 1.2x

It's a good idea to ask your admins to log out when they're done on public computers - they should really make that a habit actually...

But I see what you mean anyway. Try this, open up admin/index.php:
find
if($admin_session['lastactive'] < TIME_NOW-7200)
the number "7200" is the time in seconds (7200 seconds = 2 hours) when the session expires. Try changing the number to 900 (15 minutes).