MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can integret wordpress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my question is

i find that wordpress is very good script that i lake to use in my site lake cms
my question is can the wordpress be integretid to mybb lake any cms -joomla or any portale in order to
show last post in forum
2-member in forum can login to wordpress
3-member can add new articale

is this posible

i use the last version off mybb

thank you
At the current time no. There was a bridge but the creators real life got to busy.

Umm I do believe _Tim has one planned although I have no idea when.
There is one for MYBB 1.2 that intergrates posts but not users (not for 1.4 yet either) and i have managed to integrate users on my mybb 1.2 blog but it is in no state to release but when i get some time i will make it into a releasable package.

You may want to look at MkPortal as it integrates with MYBB and has a blog feature.

Edit: Actually i have got a little bit i can share with you if you want to integrate users.

This will add users to wordpress when they register but it will not update or delete them, you/they will need to do that via the wordpress control panel.

Also, wordpress must be installed in the same database as MYBB and have wp_ as the table prefix.

Now i haven't even tested this, i just copyed a part of my code from my 1.2 version into the place where it should go for 1.4 so don't use it on a live forum, test it in localhost first.

To use it just overwrite this file in the inc/datahandlers directory.

If this all sounds too complicated don't worry about it, i will release it in the form of a plugin hopefully in the next month or so.
(2008-08-16, 02:58 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]There is one for MYBB 1.2 that intergrates posts but not users (not for 1.4 yet either) and i have managed to integrate users on my mybb 1.2 blog but it is in no state to release but when i get some time i will make it into a releasable package.

You may want to look at MkPortal as it integrates with MYBB and has a blog feature.

Edit: Actually i have got a little bit i can share with you if you want to integrate users.

This will add users to wordpress when they register but it will not update or delete them, you/they will need to do that via the wordpress control panel.

Also, wordpress must be installed in the same database as MYBB and have wp_ as the table prefix.

Now i haven't even tested this, i just copyed a part of my code from my 1.2 version into the place where it should go for 1.4 so don't use it on a live forum, test it in localhost first.

If this all sounds too complicated don't worry about it, i will release it in the form of a plugin hopefully in the next month or so.

hi! even I'd like to integrate this wonderful forum board with WP... so to have the same users in WP and MYBB... I know it's not easy and i'm not good to do this, but why anybody has done this integration? wp is now probably the best CMS, and MYBB is of course one of the best forum boards... Angel
gosh...Sad
(2008-08-26, 12:55 PM)edoluz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-16, 02:58 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]There is one for MYBB 1.2 that intergrates posts but not users (not for 1.4 yet either) and i have managed to integrate users on my mybb 1.2 blog but it is in no state to release but when i get some time i will make it into a releasable package.

hi! even I'd like to integrate this wonderful forum board with WP... so to have the same users in WP and MYBB... I know it's not easy and i'm not good to do this, but why anybody has done this integration? wp is now probably the best CMS, and MYBB is of course one of the best forum boards... Angel
gosh...Sad
I would too.

In fact I currently am but without integration and it's for about 4 sites, hopefully someone will have a go and I would even consider paying a small price/donation for such a plugin..

~Kerrang!
Me too... of sure I wouldn't pay a large amount for this integration, but a small donation for a holy man who will create or adapt MYBB to WP 2.6x... I will pay too...
Let's hope..