MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Many problems after update! [Solved, not Fixed]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

Well since i upgraded i have had many troubles with the new forum version.

First i had a database conversion trouble (i posted it here and solved somehow). This trouble messed with my atachments and posts and threads so it was quite annoying.

After that, i found that i'm having an emoticon problem. They are not getting inserted into text when i click them (post and pm same problem) from the "smilies box"; and worst the "get more" link doesn't work either! May be this is an estetic problem but it's quite a shame not been able to put some "colors" on my posts.

Then when i was trying to bring some order to the chaos invading my forum (i mean members getting frustrated and blameing at you, throwing shoes and other stuff, well you know what i'm talking about), i found i couldn't moderate the forum properly cause when i checked the "checkbox" to select forums to "close", "stick" or whatever, the forum engine didn't get any notice i was doing the selection (the "go" button didn't increase the counter).

So, after all this big and awfull mess, i thought, well since anybody else is complaining about this problems, clearly i have done something wrong during the upgrade. I have upgraded from 1.2.13 version without touching any template.

Does any of you have an idea about what can i do? i would really apreciate your help.

Regards,
Zeroena.

Edit: Found that all the problems are due to the database problem... wich still broken somehow Confused
Solved!

If anyone has any of this problems, the way to solve it is here:
1. Make a copy of your database (phpmyadmin works great for this, don't do backup, make a COPY of the entire data and tables into a new database)
2. Save "upload" directory (where attachments are).
3. Erase your forum (the entire directory) and its database.
4. Install the forum from Zero!
5. Check every thing is working now.

Now, to recover your data Wink

1. Replace your newly created "upload" directory (where attacments are not the one from instalation guide).
2. Go to phpmyadmin or similar DB interfase.
3. Chek your old database has a utf-8 charset (if not, convert it, but i suggest not to do it with the forum conversor, it does not always work well).
4. NOW WITH VERY VERY CAREFULL (suggestion make a second copy from your original database), REPLACE ALL THE TABLES OF YOUR NEW FORUM DATABASE WITH THOSE OF THE OLD ONE, WITH EXCEPTION OF THOSE LISTED BELOW:
* mybb_adminlog
* mybb_adminoptions
* mybb_adminviews
* mybb_announcements
* mybb_attachtypes
* mybb_captcha
* mybb_events
* mybb_forumsubscriptions
* mybb_helpdocs
* mybb_helpsections
* mybb_icons
* mybb_joinrequests
* mybb_mailerrors
* mybb_massemails
* mybb_moderatorlog
* mybb_moderators
* mybb_modtools
* mybb_mycode
* mybb_promotionlogs
* mybb_promotions
* mybb_reportedposts
* mybb_searchlog
* mybb_smilies
* mybb_spiders
* mybb_tasklog
* mybb_tasks
* mybb_templategroups
* mybb_templates
* mybb_templatesets
* mybb_themes
* mybb_themestylesheets
* mybb_upgrade_data
* mybb_warninglevels
* mybb_warnings
* mybb_warningtypes

I repeat DON'T repace those listed above.

Wel... now everything is ready. Your forum will be working on full and with out problems. You 'll have to load again your plugins and some other stuff but that is not very tragic.

Just one more note, sometimes (somehow) themes make forum behave odd, try only to use mybb 1400 themes or make new themes using the forum tools. Avoid to use old themes in the new engine (even more if you have made too many changes to the templates).

Regards, hope it helps;
Zeroena.