MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't send mass mailings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Can't send the mass mailings, logged in as another account and didn't get it to that, or my main account. PMs are enabled. Also the emails are not getting recieved. I'm setting them instantly but its not working. Worked fine on 1.2.

Any suggestions?
Does anything show up under Tools & Maintenance in the System Mail Log? I am having trouble sending mail by any method as well, but I'm not sure if it's MyBB or my host.
No I'm sure its MyBB because the older MyBB sent it fine and instantly. It even showed the users it sent it to all one page. This is a tad confusing.

In the log it says it hasn't sent.

"You do not have any previously sent or canceled mass mailings."

Subject Status Delivery Date Recipients Controls
hi Queued Yesterday 438 Edit Delete
You should tell the mass mailing task to run.
Yea, I told the mail task to run every 2 minutes, then I went to my forum index and refreshed the page like mad for 4 minutes. Now the status of all my mail has changed to "Delivering (0%)" and it's been that way for the last hour, no errors in the System mail log. It's not a problem with my host or PHP setup, because I already uploaded the MyBB mail test script and it sent emails just fine. If I use any SMTP server instead of the PHP mail function, I get 'The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command' error in the System Mail log and the mail still does not get delivered.
I was talking to ryan
(2008-08-14, 11:59 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]I was talking to ryan

I know, but I'm getting the same problem as multiple other people. I know someone posted this in the bug report forum before, and it was marked as 'Duplicate', but I still haven't gotten it working.
Yha but just cause you cant get it to work does not mean that ryan cant make it work.
(2008-08-15, 12:00 AM)GG-Xtreme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-14, 11:59 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]I was talking to ryan

I know, but I'm getting the same problem as multiple other people. I know someone posted this in the bug report forum before, and it was marked as 'Duplicate', but I still haven't gotten it working.
How do I tell it to run ;(
(2008-08-15, 11:37 AM)ryangrant Wrote: [ -> ]How do I tell it to run ;(

You have to visit any page of your forum during the minutes the task is scheduled to run. So, for instance, if you have Mass Mail scheduled to run the 20th minute of every hour, visit your site at X:20 and it will trigger the task.
Pages: 1 2