MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Restore forum contents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After some very helpful back and forth with a developer last night, I realize I have lost my board. I lost it when I stupidly gave my admin password to someone on this board with a red block under their name which led me to believe I could trust them.

I have since had someone take super admin status over me and has locked me out of any of my admin functions. I assume that my only recourse at this point is to take the entire site down (50 hours of work gone) and start over.

If that is true, is their any way I can transfer the threads and posts? I have members who have uploaded x-rays with commentary that cannot be lost.

THIS SUCKS.

Thread title edited by DennisTT to be relevant to the topic.
Very sorry to hear that. I'm hoping it wasn't actually someone on the support team. If that turns out to be the case it will weaken the credibility of these forums quite a bit. I hope this has a happy ending.
Yha. I would of given them screen shots. But, if it was someone on the support team i would be very mad. What you could do is back up the database using your host and check what you still have left.
did u learn something now ? never give out any passworts and pins !!!
If you have access to the SQL database (via phpMyAdmin or other), you can easily take your site back.
try creating a supperadmin then kick the existing supperadmin out of your site and retrieve the site , you may lost the password but your data is stilll in your hand if you have controle on you ftp, file management .
It's even easier than that. With MySQL access, you can edit not only your user, but his user, so you can just change his email, request a password reset for him and login as him to fix everything. A lot faster than changing twenty-something values to give your user rights.
yes you are right , lets see if can resolve it Smile what if he is not backuped and the hacker have had deleted all his data , can this be retrived ?

last hope would be if he ask his domain provoiders to see if thy have the daily backup of the site , most of the sites do it on daily basis .
Guys, especially you OrthoKevin, our staff would never do that. An administrator has already inquired into the situation and no one has done anything wrong - OrthoKevin has blown this way out of proportion and I have been discussing his issue with him and it appears to be a simple case of corruption which I can easily fix once he has provided me with FTP and phpMyAdmin information.

So next time please don't spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) because it wasn't us and the problem definately wasn't caused by one of us.
All,

I want to publicly apologize for inferring last night that a staff member had somehow got onto my site and created mischief. I had misconstrued a statement from a most helpful developer and ran with a post that I now see was wrong. After a check of a config file, it was a curruption, nothing else.

Writing a post late at night, after a day of frustration with 1/2 of the facts was foolish. The staff on this forum has been nothing but exemplary in their conduct and willingness to help. I feel most terrible that I created a question mark on their character.

Humbled and contrite,

Kevin
Pages: 1 2