MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Broken 'newthread' Template?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am really trying to help someone out here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-35860.html

Here is the problem: the template that needs to be fixed shows up blue in the Admin CP (instead of green), when I click on the options button, all I get are 'edit' and 'delete', as if this was a custom template: but the template I am trying to edit is 'newthread' under Default Templates! And the problem with it is that newthread.php, which had cut off half of the code from the first edit, won't even recognize changes to this template any more (the changes show up in the Admin CP edit box though). I have had him reupload MyBB but nothing has changed. There are no mods or plugins besides ZiNgA's MyCode Pack and the mod he is trying to install (which he can't because of this) Can anyone help us out here?
Let me get this straight. You're trying to edit the newthread template, but it does not save all the contents of the template?
(2008-08-15, 07:52 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Let me get this straight. You're trying to edit the newthread template, but it does not save all the contents of the template?

The 'newthread' template is deletable, because it shows up as a custom template for some reason, even though we are just trying to edit the Default Templates. The contents of the templates are saved, but they are completely ignored by newthread.php. It seems that newthread.php is stuck on an old version of the template and no changes to the template seem to affect it at all.
What template sets do you see listed on the main page of the Template Manager?
(2008-08-15, 07:55 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]What template sets do you see listed on the main page of the Template Manager?

All of them. If expand everything, only 'newthread' shows up blue, everything else shows up black.
No that's not what I meant
Admin CP --> Templates & Style --> Templates
What template sets are listed on that page.
Calendar Templates
Edit Post Templates
Error Message Templates
Footer Templates
Forum Bit Templates
Forum Display Templates