MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Problem] Template Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having template issues since i upgraded to MyBB 1.4

I have installed Afresh series and when i edit something .. Encoding issues came. Index stats template gone..

Now i installed SimpleMyBBoard .. And i cant edit any template in that .. What ever i edit, and than save it doesnt save.. Sad

Same index stats template gone away... Plugins are unable to edit templates automatically?

Whats going wrong or anything i have to do again ... Like running upgrade script?
The template set for each theme is different, each theme imports it's own templates... if you want the same templates for all themes (which most people do) you have to change the template set to the one you want (usually default templates).
Well my point wasnt that .. What i mean was, like if i want to add adsense code to my header template .. Its not saving that code also.

Same with the plugin Ads after first post variable for templates.. Issue like this?
Yeah, because you might be editing a template set that differs from the one your current theme uses.

If you use theme 'A', that will use template set 'A'. Then if you use theme 'B' but edit template set 'A', you won't see the changes unless you use theme 'A'.

I think all changes plugins make are in 'Default Templates'.
Hey Man i am editing the same template ... My point is the changes i made in the code not visible after i save the template and hence no change.. I am using MyBB since over 1 year and i now understand its most functions..

So please guide the actual problem i am facing?
So you make changes and save them, but then when you load that template code again the changes aren't there?? Or are they in the template coding but not on the board??
yes thats wat i want to say .. When i save the changes to the code... Than when i open the template for editing, all the changes gone away..