MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] maximum attachments per post not enforced very well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: angel.gif]
The setting here was set at a high point yesterday, but it should be back now.
I tried adding those attachments the normal way right before posting, and confirmed it was set to 5. =p

Search the codebase for "maxattachments" and you'll see that all it does is hide the "new attachment" form field.
So everyone can upload as much as he wants because MyBB is only hiding the form and not disabling it?

If that's right someone should write some small UserJS to abuse every MyBB forum as file hoster. Just as a little encouragement for fixing Wink
(2008-08-19, 12:49 PM)sacharja Wrote: [ -> ]So everyone can upload as much as he wants because MyBB is only hiding the form and not disabling it?

If that's right someone should write some small UserJS to abuse every MyBB forum as file hoster. Just as a little encouragement for fixing Wink

I'm not sure whether I should give you a warning or just ignore you.
lol :p

Fortunately the usergroup attachment size quota does seem to be enforced, within the upload_attachment() function.
WDZ, according to this logic we should remove the whole setting to limit the number of attachments Undecided
(2008-08-19, 11:17 PM)sacharja Wrote: [ -> ]WDZ, according to this logic we should remove the whole setting to limit the number of attachments Undecided

What logic are you referring to? The size quota would place a serious limitation on your free file hosting idea. =p

And the "max attachments per post" setting is still useful because it would be really annoying if someone attached 50 MB of 1-byte text files to a post.

(hmm, shouldn't give people ideas...)
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.