MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL syntax error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am trying to back up my osCommerce store, first back up since i ugraded my mybb to 1.4 which is running really well now, anyway im getting the following error connected to mybb????

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'fields,conditions,sortby,sortorder,perpage,view_type from mybb_a

select vid,uid,title,type,visibility,fields,conditions,sortby,sortorder,perpage,view_type from mybb_adminviews

[TEP STOP]

any ideas please?
i ran repair in phpmyadmin and im getting
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'mybb_sessions' at line 1

running repair is saying its ok but the error is still there?
can anyone help with this please? i cant do back ups until its sorted
the support at osCommerce store

have said it could be because -
FIELDS is a reserved word in some MySQL versions??
anyone?
im still trying to sort this, iv been in touch with my store software suppliers, my paid host about the sql database and still no joy my host replied with

Thanks for contacting Support Services.

Unfortunately , I can not replicate the SQL problem. I am really not sure what
is wrong in your SQL command. However, I've logged in to your database account
via our phpmyadmin website and then select
the "SQL" tab and query with below data which is working properly (please see
my attached).

SELECT vid, uid, title, type, visibility, fields, conditions,
sortby, sortorder, perpage, view_type FROM mybb_adminviews

i still cant back up my store whilst this is happening, any ideas please?
The SQL error is coming from osCommerce, not MyBB, right? The people on the osC forum are probably right about the reserved word issue. Maybe they can provide a workaround for that, like using backticks in their backup script.
Since this error is coming from osCommerce, I'm moving this thread to the Chit Chat forum.
thanks WDZ il look into that Wink