MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with a couple modifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 questions. The first is dealing with the breadcrumbs, I have the forum installed in the base directory along with the rest of my site because I am implementing it into my site, and I want to use the profile and calender features without have to go into the forum directory for them, so I renamed my index.php to forum.php. What I need is for the home page breadcrumb to redirect to forum.php instead of index.php

The second question deals with the time zone. on my forum, for some reason, GMT time is 1 hour behind. ex, on my board GMT is 9 PM when it is really 10 PM. Is there a way to fix this? I dont know if its my host, or a bug in the software, but I need it to be accurate.

Thanks in advance for any help on either of these.
For #1, search global.php for this line:
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";

For #2, it sounds like it could be a DST issue. Try turning DST off and see if that helps.
(2008-08-17, 08:15 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]For #1, search global.php for this line:
$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";

For #2, it sounds like it could be a DST issue. Try turning DST off and see if that helps.

Thanks for the first one, that will probably be what im looking for

but #2, it isnt DST because when its active, it makes you spring ahead 1 hour, not back. Plus my time zone, which is central, is 2 hours behind on my board, but with DST it becomes only 1 hour behind. Thanks though, I initially thought that was it too.
Hmm, do you know if the server's time is accurate?

Open Notepad, copy+paste the following in there:
<?php
echo gmdate('H:i:s');
?>
Save this as gmttest.php (make sure it's not gmttest.php.txt) and upload it to your server somewhere. Then access that .php page. This should display the GMT time. If it's off, the server's time is off (if so, you'll have to contact your host).
(2008-08-23, 10:18 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, do you know if the server's time is accurate?

Open Notepad, copy+paste the following in there:
<?php
echo gmdate('H:i:s');
?>
Save this as gmttest.php (make sure it's not gmttest.php.txt) and upload it to your server somewhere. Then access that .php page. This should display the GMT time. If it's off, the server's time is off (if so, you'll have to contact your host).

hmm....yup that is one hour behind too. ok, thanks for the help, I will try to contact the host.