MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb_pr2 Install Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey this is really nice, you guys did good!!! I can't wait to get it installed on my server but I'm having mybb_pr2 install problems and can't seem to complete the install process. I have read the instructions and followed them to a tee. I have created a directory, a database and uploaded all the mybb_pr2 files to my server .

When I try to chomd the uploads/avators file, (from my server or from the ftp program) the install fails and the message at the bottom of the menu says that the upload/avators file is not writable, correct this problem and try again. When I try to correct the problem, I get an error message that states, Access denied you do not have premission to access this file.

Why aren't they writable, I have chomd all files to 666 as instructed but the changes don't seem to take effect on the uploads/avators file.

Is there something else I need to do or a different way to do this?

I'm so confused, can someone please help?

Thanks
I think with the amount of new things, it might be wiser to change everything to 777. It allows full access by everyone, which means if the bug is still there, its not a CHMOD problem.
Changing everything to 777 done the trick!! Thanks for your help!!
Files can be 666, Folders must be 777 Wink
I ChMODed the uploads/avatars folder to 777 and 666 and it still says it's not writtable.
You need to chmod both the following directories/folders to:
uploads: 777

If you don't you'll keep getting the error.
For some reason in the FTP program the CHMOD didn't "Hold" so I CHHMODed tghem in the Cpanel and it works
Simulationcity Wrote:For some reason in the FTP program the CHMOD didn't "Hold" so I CHHMODed tghem in the Cpanel and it works

You have to hit the Refresh button for the chmod to "hold", once refreshed the setting will stick. I have to do that all the time in WS_FTP Pro.
Some FTP programs are known to do this. If this happens you should always check the settings from cPanel or whatever control panel your host provides.