MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: no database extensions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When installing MyBB 1.4 on a Windows 2003 server with MySQL 5.0 and PHP 5.0 installed I am getting the error message:

MyBB requires one or more suitable database extensions to be installed. Your server reported that none were available.

I have uncommented the lines:

extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll

from the Php.ini file and made sure the extenstion directory was correct. Any ideas?
Our support covers MyBB; Anything past this is not within the scope of our Support.

However, I would suggest restarting apache. If that doesn't work try searching in Google or asking on a Tech forum (neowin, or the like)
Actually I am running WIndows Server 2003 (IIS). I am a little surprised you don't offer support on your installation program or can give me a help with one of your error messages. If not you, who should I talk to? If nothing else could you recommend another bulletin board system because if the installation doesn't work and there is no support I suppose I need to look for something different. Do you offer any paid support?

Thanks,

Jeff
Yes, but if there are no suitable database extensions installed on your server, then that is a server problem, not a MyBB problem and as such, falls outside our realm of support.

As Tiki said, a dedicated tech support forum related to servers would be a better place to get advice on setting up your server.
This is no longer a issue. I switch over to the JBits AspNetForum. The installation wasn't as automated but it worked the first time without issues.