MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How are the staff chosen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering because I accessed the portal and saw that a few people were recruited a little while back, so I thought - How are thy chosen?

Are they asked to be a part, or is there an application every once in a while?
MyBB will ask....but if you have the ability, you can always contact them!
contact whom? there are several admin. which admin?
Use the contact form: http://www.mybboard.net/contact and select staff application as the subject.
When we are in need of staff members, we may make an announcement and have a more formal application review process, just as we did earlier this year.

However, for the most part, we will approach members if we feel they have shown the skills and knowledge required for a staff position. For developers we look at people mainly who have created plugins/modifications and are familiar with the MyBB code workings. For support team we evaluate the activity on the support forums.
Or based on the amount of activity with helping in general (the wiki, bug fixes) and how good that help is
Or in the case of my forum, whoever bought me the most beers. Toungue
(2008-08-18, 06:39 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]However, for the most part, we will approach members if we feel they have shown the skills and knowledge required for a staff position. For developers we look at people mainly who have created plugins/modifications and are familiar with the MyBB code workings. For support team we evaluate the activity on the support forums.

As the axiom has it, "don't call us - we'll call you." Cool
Except in this time and age we choose to utilize electronic means of communication instead of this old telephone technology Toungue
(2008-08-21, 07:03 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Except in this time and age we choose to utilize electronic means of communication instead of this old telephone technology Toungue

Yes we use cellphones Toungue.
Pages: 1 2