MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Quick Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my forum some of the posts don't always line up, why is this?
I have attached an image to show what I mean.

Also is there a way to stop images being posted using IMG tags?
As I would prefer links to be used instead.
(2008-08-17, 12:02 PM)SLB Wrote: [ -> ]On my forum some of the posts don't always line up, why is this?
I have attached an image to show what I mean.

The reason is because the date is pushing the table cell width outward. Notice when you have a long date and time, the box is wider, and when you have smaller or non-existent dates, the box shrinks down.

I'm not sure if you modded your theme yourself, or if you downloaded one. But there is either an incorrect CSS width value, or the CSS class attribute is missing from the template. Therefore, the box doesn't know how wide to remain.

--------------------------
Quote:
Also is there a way to stop images being posted using IMG tags?
As I would prefer links to be used instead.
---------------------------

Settings->Posting
Scroll down to:
"Maximum Images per Post"
and set that to 0 to disable it.

Also, if you don't want [img]'s, don't forget to disable the feature under your Admin Control panel:
Settings->User Registration & Profile Options
Scroll down to
"Allow [img] Code in Signatures"

Let me know if this helps!
Steve
(2008-08-17, 03:34 PM)sengratt1 Wrote: [ -> ]But there is either an incorrect CSS width value, or the CSS class attribute is missing from the template. Therefore, the box doesn't know how wide to remain.

How do I check or set the CSS width value?
and What should it be set at?
Thanks
I suggest you change the date format.

http://uk2.php.net/date

I believe you must change 'F' to 'M'.
(2008-10-26, 05:07 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I suggest you change the date format.
http://uk2.php.net/date
I believe you must change 'F' to 'M'.

Thanks for the advice.
I still think I need to set the width though as members with a long username are making the column width different.
I have changed settings in ACP so there is a maximum lenght of 10 letters for a username in future.