MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User group problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok a problem i have had since the upgrade and can not seem to fix.
The user groups.
I have tried them that many different ways now and no luck.
And i am rebuilding the cache.

Basically. What i am trying to archive is getting a new user (new member) (0 posts) to be forced to post only in 1 area. (introductions) Then after that they are changed into member group (member) and can access other areas which have read only for first group. (new member).
Like i said i have tried all variations on them currently and no luck. Created perhaps 20 accounts and tested and retested. Without any luck.

Is it possible to simply repair the database?
I would even be willing to reinstall and then only copy threads/posts etc over if that was an only option. Although im not real sure how to do that.
I guess first things first.
Any ideas on this would be great as it really has me stumped.
I cant work out why for the life of me.
I try to do that too. But cannot did. Anyway, do you manage to change default registration group? How?
BUMP.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this problem.
I would even be willing to reinstall forum and only include certain parts of the sql backup if i new how.
I really need to get this one sorted out.
It sucks having to manually change new users.!!!
So you're trying to do this with the Group Promotions feature right?
(2008-08-20, 12:11 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]So you're trying to do this with the Group Promotions feature right?

yes,..
thats happen to me also Smile
Cannot automatically switch from regular member, with promotion I set before (to a new User Group). Even I try from post count, date registered or Reputation.

But, manually users can Join new User Group (not automatically by Group Promotion)
How often do you have the promotion system set to run?? And why not just make the Awaiting Activation group able to post in the place you want??
What version of MyBB are you using?
@Matt
thanks, thats will give me some idea Smile

@Dennis
MyBB 1.4.2 and 1.4.3 affected
only one promotion I ran
The idea is, I will give users who reach some post count, move <b>automatically</b> to new group. Is that possible?
Yeah that's what the promotions system does. When they reach a certain post count, rep count, or time registered, they are moved to a new group.
seem doesnt work, now.. Sad
Pages: 1 2