MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] duplicate settings problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
After installing a fresh Mybb 1.4.1 i have suddenly double forum permission checkboxes,as the image shows

[attachment=10748]

Any chance to solve this,without installing the forum again?
(2008-08-17, 01:05 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-17, 10:47 AM)Erikbe Wrote: [ -> ]hi,

After the upgrade has completed there where 40 entries(20 real and 20 with no settings in it) in the settinggroups table all with "0" settings in it (obviously duplicated) while this is easly fixed (only takes an SQL query to delete them) it is pretty annoying ... anyway thank you for securing us ...

after upgrade here mybb_settings was cleaned up Toungue

I´m restoring the Database from before the upgrade now, but I think something is wrong with upgrade.php from package mybb_1401_changed_files

EDITED - PS: I´m using a Custom "\admin\" folder name, not default one

Well before you install a new version rename your custom admin to admin..then after rename it to what you had. Thats what i do.
(2008-08-23, 12:01 PM)roi Wrote: [ -> ]After installing a fresh Mybb 1.4.1 i have suddenly double forum permission checkboxes,as the image shows

Any chance to solve this,without installing the forum again?

Can you check how many usergroups are listed here: Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Groups
Usergroups were also doubled.
I deleted in the DB from the usergroup table the ids from 8 to 14 (the ids from 1 to 7 are the primary ones i have been told and they should not be altered),rebuilt after that the usergroups cache and resolved the problem.

I suppose there is nothing more to do - or is it?
That's what I would have told you to do Wink
(2008-08-17, 06:58 PM)Wintermute Wrote: [ -> ]The script by Ryan (1401_settinggroups_remove.php ) deleted also the setting groups created by plugins! So: DON'T USE IT, if you have installed any plugins!

Hi,

Where can I find this script please ?

Thanks
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-38018.html This one by labrocca should work.
Pages: 1 2 3