MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: This is what I like about MyBB!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

Today I am going to share my experiance with you guys. As you all know I am currently here as a Translator of Urdu Language.. but before that I used to be a simple member like most of you.

One day I just decided to make translation for MyBB 1.2.x in Urdu and thought to be a translator. In wish of this, I started, made and submitted and might be difficult to believe but it was not shown up 15 days, however, Team told me that there is some tech Problem therefore they are not able to publish that at the moment and that was really OK! with me, but once they got correct and they published my Urdu pack and made me translator I haven't asked them for that .........

And while I was waiting my language pack to come online I thought to translate SMF 2.0 Beta as well... And what I did was I emailed them as I don't really use SMF and I don't have a big intect with their community but however, I wanted to help then and contribute and translate, and I emailed them saying that I would like to translate SMF to Urdu but I just want to know if you will make it official by putting it on your Download page,,, because if they don't it will be totally useless for me to do and waste my time and energy on that!

And some one from them respond saying that your email is forwarded to the Plugins Departement, and we will get to you soon, and it's 2 months and their soon is not finished yet...

What was the logic of telling this story? Me too I don't know but this thing gave me a good impression about the team of MyBB. They are really good and honest and they do respect people and their ideas and support them..

It's very good, I would like to say continue like this,, This thing will give you guys and your product a lot of success.. !!!!!!!

By the way today it's 18 August and I started translating MyBB 1.4.x in Urdu Big Grin infact images are done.. Now it's 03:39 in morning have to sleep, will start translating files once I wake up...... Smile

Thanks to team for accepting my work and giving me honour and sorry on the team of SMF,
FAISAL SHAH~
Interesting.
SMF = teh phail. Toungue
myBB and their staff rock.
Agreed, mybb staff are way friendlier than other forum software staff (*cough*vbulletin*cough*).
Definitely agree, the staff here are so friendly Smile
(2008-08-18, 01:53 AM)dalton Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting.
SMF = teh phail. Toungue
myBB and their staff rock.

You can say that again. Toungue
Aren't you the guy who left mybb for smf some time ago?
(2008-08-18, 10:30 PM)Jaze Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, mybb staff are way friendlier than other forum software staff (*cough*vbulletin*cough*).

*nods in agreement*

I think that's because VB make money and don't care about anything else, here they do it just because they want to, if you get what I mean. I won't change from MyBB Smile
(2008-08-18, 10:53 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't you the guy who left mybb for smf some time ago?

About a year ago I was debating between myBB and SMF while I had a SMF site. It was suggested by other forum admins that I stay with SMF till mybb1.4 and here I am.

I am pleased with myBB much more than SMF. The only thing I feel myBB is lacking is its theme section. Also templates seem a bit harder to modify. (As I was able to edit them in FTP before)

But im in love with mybb now. Kind of wondered why i was using smf...
Free stuff is better than payed stuff sometimes.
Like myBB. With all the plugins you guys make it's as good.. if not better than IPB or vBulletin.
Smile
(2008-08-18, 11:15 PM)shadow82x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-18, 10:53 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't you the guy who left mybb for smf some time ago?

About a year ago I was debating between myBB and SMF while I had a SMF site. It was suggested by other forum admins that I stay with SMF till mybb1.4 and here I am.

I am pleased with myBB much more than SMF. The only thing I feel myBB is lacking is its theme section. Also templates seem a bit harder to modify. (As I was able to edit them in FTP before)

But im in love with mybb now. Kind of wondered why i was using smf...

I did not mean you but the starter of this topic Faisal Shah.
Pages: 1 2