MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my 1.2 board, I currently have new registrations set for admin approval. One of the biggest things that new members ask is "oh I didn`t know my account had been approved".

Does version 1.4 have an email feature, where by an admin approves a members registration and email is sent to the member confirming their account is approved and active?

Thanks.
You could always do it.. but as far as I know.. no.
Chances are there will probably be a mod made for it... talking of which...

There is Michael83's Email New Member Mod that does this for 1.2 boards. If you're confident enough why not take a look at the coding for it and see how you can fit it into 1.4?

Sounds like you personally activate the members? Why not send them an email yourself (albeit not automatic)...
(2008-08-20, 09:06 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Chances are there will probably be a mod made for it... talking of which...

There is Michael83's Email New Member Mod that does this for 1.2 boards. If you're confident enough why not take a look at the coding for it and see how you can fit it into 1.4?

Sounds like you personally activate the members? Why not send them an email yourself (albeit not automatic)...

No that mod doesn`t do what I was looking for. That mod mails an admin when a new user has registered.

I`m looking for something that emails the new member, confirming their registration has been approved by admin.

Thanks anyways.
I wouldnt mind something like this as well.