MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GoogleBot?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I recently just went to my forum and I noticed at the people who were online. It said only 2 users but it had 'GoogleBot' and you could not click them nor are they registered. I clicked to see what they were doing and they were adding an Event in my calendar supposedly. My forum is not released, it is open but none of the staff members have spread the word about it because it's not finished. I cannot ban them because they are not a registered user and I can't find how to ban IP's only if there's a way.

Can anyone help with this? I don't understand what it is, unless it's a glitch but how can I get rid of it.

[Image: 25tysxv.png]
Google crawler, which is good.
You can't click them, and you wouldn't want to ban them, they just visit links and index them... it isn't actually adding anything to the calendar, just viewed the link a member would have to add an event.

I had a GoogleBot sending a thread to a friend the other day Toungue
Alright thanks guys! It was just weird 'cause I had no idea what was going on 'cause I had never seen it before Toungue But ty ;]
Hehe no probs, I didn't know what it was when I first saw it either Toungue GoogleBot, Yahoo!, MSN Search, ASK Jeeves etc etc are all indexers and will just view random pages.