MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [MyBB 1.4.1] "Display posts using the classic layout"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No matter what the 'Post layout' setting is set to in the Show Thread Options in the Admin CP, the horizontal post layout is always displayed. Now, no offense to the MyBB team and those that like the horizontal post layout, but I hate it and I will keep my forums closed until I get the classic post layout back.
Edit: Ok, someone figured out that the update reset the individual values for this setting for each user. However, I can't access this value from the Admin CP (only from the User CP). I would just run an SQL query, but I need to force every user to use the classic post layout without even giving them the option, and it's pretty stupid that any user can override the admin settings. Please fix this.
Edit: Ok, I have modified the templates to remove the option, but new user registrations automatically revert to the horizontal post layout. I don't know why someone moved this from the bug report forums, because there shouldn't be an option in the Admin CP if it doesn't do anything.
If you have phpmyadmin, you can change the default value to classicsetting (or whatever the row is) to 1 instead of 0. That'll make all new registered users have that setting.

The option in the Admin CP works, but only for guests.
But how could they make such a stupid change and call it a feature? At least have a user/group option in the admin CP to set this. In 1.4, the admin CP option overrode the User CP option, but now that it doesn't, I have to use phpMyAdmin just to change a setting?
In inc/datahandlers/user.php, find:
$this->verify_yesno_option($options, 'classicpostbit', 0);
Replace with:
if($mybb->settings['postlayout'] == 'horizontal')
{
}
else
{
    $this->verify_yesno_option($options, 'classicpostbit', 1);
}

That should fix the classic postbit setting on registration (it will take the setting from the Admin CP). Please give this a try and let me know if it solves the registration problem.

However, as there's an option for this in the User CP, the User CP option will always override the Admin CP option (or else why would we have a UCP option). The ACP option is for guests, as above poster said.
(2008-08-19, 12:08 AM)GG-Xtreme Wrote: [ -> ]But how could they make such a stupid change and call it a feature? At least have a user/group option in the admin CP to set this. In 1.4, the admin CP option overrode the User CP option, but now that it doesn't, I have to use phpMyAdmin just to change a setting?

We're not 100% perfect and I don't expect you to be either.
(2008-08-19, 12:19 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]That should fix the classic postbit setting on registration

That works Wink
Tested x

Thanks.. XD I wanted this as my template looks best in classic.
(2008-08-19, 12:19 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]In inc/datahandlers/user.php, find:
Replace with:
if($mybb->settings['postlayout'] == 'horizontal')
{
}
else
{
    $this->verify_yesno_option($options, 'classicpostbit', 1);
}

That should fix the classic postbit setting on registration (it will take the setting from the Admin CP). Please give this a try and let me know if it solves the registration problem.

However, as there's an option for this in the User CP, the User CP option will always override the Admin CP option (or else why would we have a UCP option). The ACP option is for guests, as above poster said.
Thank you, I will give that a try.

(2008-08-19, 12:56 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-19, 12:08 AM)GG-Xtreme Wrote: [ -> ]But how could they make such a stupid change and call it a feature? At least have a user/group option in the admin CP to set this. In 1.4, the admin CP option overrode the User CP option, but now that it doesn't, I have to use phpMyAdmin just to change a setting?

We're not 100% perfect and I don't expect you to be either.
I'm sorry if I came across as rude, it's just that I was pretty sure that it was a bug, but when my thread was moved here, I figured that no one else noticed the change between the versions and that I was being mistaken as an idiot. I shouldn't have made that assumption, and I apologize.
What querie do I run in phpmyadmin to change all users to classic ?
Try this:
UPDATE mybb_users SET classicpostbit=1
Seems good,

Does this mean the code fix is good to go for 1.4.2?
Pages: 1 2