MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem Installing MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
*I am trying to install MyBB. I have installed MyBB like 3 times before. what i did was first is i uploaded all the files using filezilla. then i CHMOD. i did what it said on the documentations:

3. CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).

./inc/settings.php
./uploads
./uploads/avatars
./cache
./cache/themes

And i also did what it says at Wiki which is:

The files and folders that require CHMODing for MyBB to install are

filename CHMOD Permission
--------------------------------------------
inc/config.php 777
inc/settings.php 777
uploads/ 777
uploads/avatars/ 777

None worked.

I did everything. when i went to the link to install Mybb which is http://apulco.x10hosting.com/forum/install/ i just get a blank page.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?
did you upload the files in the folder or the whole folder?
(2008-08-19, 02:16 AM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]did you upload the files in the folder or the whole folder?

i transfered the whole folder called "upload" to public_html. then i went in public_html and changed the folder name called "upload" to "forum"
alright, ur suppose to upload only the things in upload not the whole folder it self
(2008-08-19, 02:28 AM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]alright, ur suppose to upload only the things in upload not the whole folder it self

are you sure thats what i have to do. because i never done that before
yes, i did this so many times and i uploaded the whole upload folder and it messed things up so yes only the files in the "upload folder" ur suppose to upload to the root folder like www, htdocs, or whatever x10 hosting's folder is.
(2008-08-19, 02:34 AM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]yes, i did this so many times and i uploaded the whole upload folder and it messed things up so yes only the files in the "upload folder" ur suppose to upload to the root folder like www, htdocs, or whatever x10 hosting's folder is.

k give me a minute
alright
(2008-08-19, 02:40 AM)indigored Wrote: [ -> ]alright

didnt work
looks like something to do with the hosting, i would sign up at 000webhost thats an easy host and its good
Pages: 1 2