MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Groups = Ranks, might require...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

My forum is for my Battle.net clan. Previously, we have used a few sites using a variety of clanscripts and MyBB as a forum script. Now Im trying to integrate these two sites into one, a purely MyBB site. Most clanscript we've used have use 27 military ranks to organize and set permissions. I realized that MyBB groups are VERY similiar, they can easily be used as ranks. However, these ranks are missing a vital property that I don't think I can add into the current system without a plugin.(If this can be done wo one, Id like to hear your idea).

The idea behind this plugin would be to allow people of x to promote members to the rank of y, one rank at a time, a simple promotion system. As the rank of the promoter increased, the higher he could promote another member. This would be a very useful plugin for anyone using a similiar system, groups as ranks in which certain ranks can promote other members to a higher rank(of course only to a level lower or equal to themself).

(My Forum)
http://clanxbs.scdiplo.com/

Thanks for any help
i believe mybb 1.4 has a promotion system
Currently, MyBB doesn't have an option to set an entire group as the group leader for another group, so you'll have to do it user-by-user manually for now. However, you can use the promotion system to automatically promote users to another group.
True, I did see the promotion system in MyBB 1.4, but it only allows you to set promotions based on post count, reputation, or days registered, all of which don't really carry this out. Im pretty sure theres no way I can set this up without a plugin.