MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't find correct bburl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok to make a long story short.... I installed a new forum so I could restore some of the original settings from a new install in the database. I installed the new forum to /forum2/ and installed it to a different database completely. Well I took the settings and exported and imported them into my existing database and renamed /forum/ to /forum old/ and the new folder called /forum2/ to /forum/. I changed the settings in phpmyadmin so the bburl is /forum and I deleted the temp database I created. Well the problem is that everything in headerinclude points to forum2 which doesn't exist anymore. I can't find any reference to forum2 anywhere. Everything has been changed to forum. Any ideas? Maybe I missed something??

The "mybb_settings" bburl setting is like this http://www.domain.com/forum
You aren't supposed to edit the database, you are supposed to edit inc/config.php and inc/settings.php
If you've edited the database table mybb_settings, you need to rebuild the settings cache (inc/settings.php). You can do so by just saving any page in the Admin CP Settings, and that will rewrite the inc/settings.php.
Fixed... Stupid vista search didn't find forum2 in a search of the entire directory. Didn't think about looking in that file... Thanks.