MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable Guest Posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Anyone can pick this topic up. Wink

Recently my forum has been hit my a large number of spammers! Guest posting is the thing they seem to be using, is there anyway to disable it on all forums?

Thanks.
-Rovin
Spammers bypass the Captcha for Guest users?
(2008-08-19, 09:35 AM)NoRules Wrote: [ -> ]Spammers bypass the Captcha for Guest users?

I've just logged out and checked. There was no CAPTCHA in place. Sad
Make sure CAPTCHA is enabled in the AdminCP. Note that you'll also need the PHP GD library for it to work.

If you want to disable Guest posting, you may do so via the AdminCP under Users -> User Groups -> Guest
(2008-08-19, 11:17 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure CAPTCHA is enabled in the AdminCP. Note that you'll also need the PHP GD library for it to work.

If you want to disable Guest posting, you may do so via the AdminCP under Users -> User Groups -> Guest

Thanks.

I don't have GD Library installed. Is there no work around?
GD is bundled with PHP but has to be enabled when compiling. You might try enabling it by uncommenting the extension in your php.ini. If that doesn't work, you'll need to recompile PHP with GD enabled. You should be able to do this via cpanel.