MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SSI, anyone??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i know smf has this feature, (SSI) but does mybb, and if so, where is it located?
No there's no extra SSI or SDK or integration class. You can try including MyBB's "global.php" though.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
(2008-08-19, 11:25 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]No there's no extra SSI or SDK or integration class. You can try including MyBB's "global.php" though.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

hi DennisTT... ok here is an example.. thru css html and php, say i create a "template" right? and want to call some stats via the board, or catagory? or say i want a template based article or action, how does mybb call these "actions"

im still fumbling around, but some of this is very very nice!!

thanks!! Toungue
You can build your own SQL queries to retrieve the stats from the MyBB database. Once again, what exactly do you need?
(2008-08-20, 12:35 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]You can build your own SQL queries to retrieve the stats from the MyBB database. Once again, what exactly do you need?

currently, nothing. i was inquiring if there was a form of ssi for mybb as there is on smf.. if i did run the queries, how would it look like once the queries were made? what format would i put.. say i want to show off the "news board", with a id of 2 for board sorting order..

would it look similar to this:

<h3>Recent Topics Function: &lt;!--#include virtual="./SSI.php?ssi_function=recentTopics" --&gt;</h3>
			<!--#include virtual="./SSI.php?ssi_function=recentTopics" -->

guess im just looking to see how things are called on the mybb so i can get in idea of what i am wanting to do..
What's SSI and how does it work?
(2008-08-20, 05:45 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]What's SSI and how does it work?

on smf, it is a way to make items or inforamtion easier to find and post up, say i use for example, the custom template on my site, http://www.pixelbypaint.com and i want a news "box" or i want the latest members, or some special kind of information to show, on smf i can see an "example" on the "examples_ssi.php file".. mmm here, its a better link to explain what ssi is..

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php...529#msg529

i dont normally make quires to the database, i dont know how. but using a template guide like ssi, it would help out by showing how to make the call for certain information to show up elsewhere on a forum site, templates, external pages, etc.,

i figured out on the pluggins, and im half way finished with a theme, but its the calls i want to make for my template is all i am stuck on.. and yeps, lol i like mybb now, from what all i have tried so far, this is one smooth set up!!

thanks yall!! Big Grin

is something like this:

<!--header, template from forum, hook, etc -->
<?php
$ssi_theme = 2; // Specifiy theme ID here. Comment out to use your sites  default theme
$context['page_title'] = "$mbname - Homepage";
require("full_path_to_you_forum/SSI.php"); 
template_main_above(); to display Page Title ?>

<!--your content here-->

<!--footer-->
<?php
template_main_below();
?>
(2008-08-20, 10:16 AM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]

is something like this:

<!--header, template from forum, hook, etc -->
<?php
$ssi_theme = 2; // Specifiy theme ID here. Comment out to use your sites  default theme
$context['page_title'] = "$mbname - Homepage";
require("full_path_to_you_forum/SSI.php"); 
template_main_above(); to display Page Title ?>

<!--your content here-->

<!--footer-->
<?php
template_main_below();
?>

lol yes!! like that!!! Angel
It's an alternative to PHP Includes.
Pages: 1 2