MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: skunkmedals for 1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Because I feel a site like Labrocca's is meant for the community. So in my opinion you shouldn't charge any money for sharing community stuff. Here's why.

I know people are already donating money to keep MyBB going. I also believe Labrocca is part of the MyBB staff or something? Or at least involved with development? So, therefore I find it odd people who are already donating money to this site also have to pay money to get some plugins from Labrocca's site? If you understand what I mean. People may find it a rip off, as I sensed from some people's replies.

There are numerous sites out there with MyBB plugins for free. I just don't get why people who love this product should pay to get plugins? Considering they may already support you guys by donating here? Sorry dude, but I find that just odd. Without trying to incite an arguement here.
No he isn't staff, mentors aren't staff, they're people who know more than most and have been given recognition, and he isn't involved with development in any way at al... there's developers for that. He's perfectly within his rights to charge, and most people don't mind at all. I just don't see why people kick up such a fuss over such a small amount of money. He even offers a free post exchange programme for a free subscription, but people seem to forget that bit.
I'm not making a fuss about it, personally I don't care what he charges really.

I just explained why I said I think it's odd. Fair enough?

EDIT: In fact, I think I'm gonna pay him anyway. My site is in desperate need for this system, so why not? I'm not the type of guy to not support people who help make my forums even better Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4