MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A little dum question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does the sun have a shadow?
(2008-08-20, 03:13 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Does the sun have a shadow?

Considering it's a light source, no.
(2008-08-20, 03:53 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-20, 03:13 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Does the sun have a shadow?

Considering it's a light source, no.

Exactly. Since the sun provides the only significant light, their is no other source of light to shine upon it to give it a shadow (which is impossible). Thus, NetSage is correct.
Well i knew that.
But even if there was another sun there would still be no shadow as the sun is a fire ball meaning it shines everywhere
But still i wanted to here bout it
(2008-08-20, 04:09 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Well i knew that.
But even if there was another sun there would still be no shadow as the sun is a fire ball meaning it shines everywhere
But still i wanted to here bout it

Let's go down to scale. Take two 60 watt light bulbs that are well lit. (wear sunglasses for an eye protectant and avoid looking at the bulbs directly). Now, put them next to each other and see if the bulb on the left gives the bulb on the right a shadow and vise verse. Now, remove the bulb on the left and leave the one on the right lit. Check to see if it gives itself a shadow (the answer is obvious). Record your results and now you've proved your theorom correct or incorrect.
Btw, never call your questions dumb. If you don't know something it doesn't make you dumb. Wink
Quote:Btw, never call your questions dumb. If you don't know something it doesn't make you dumb.

That "could" depend on who's posting the question!! Toungue
This would be a dumb question:

Do dogs have tails?
(2008-08-22, 04:27 AM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]This would be a dumb question:

Do dogs have tails?

Yes, and no. Wink

Btw, never call your questions dumb. If you don't know something it doesn't make you dumb.
My cousin's doesn't. Toungue
I guess it was dumb. Hahaha. Juuust kitting.