MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Notification of new replies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I already have this problem since the update to 1.4.
When emails are being sent from my forum (using php-mail), the headers in the from field says: "" <> instead of "name of my forum" <mailaddress>
This results in the fact that many of these mails arrive in the spambox or are being blocked on the server.
The strange thing is, it doesn't happen all the time. I do get mails from my forum with everything displayed correctly in the "from" field. And I've noticed that, when it's displayed correctly, that it was because of the Mass Mail task which was set to run right before I received the mail. Could be coincidence ofcourse Smile

I already updated to 1.4.1 in a meanwhile, but that didn't solve the problem.
I tried smtp in a meanwhile as well, but that gave me the same problem.
I also contacted my host and explained them the problem, but they said it's the forumsoftware and not them.
So I'm confused now, since I don't know how to solve this issue.

Thanks.
(2008-08-19, 08:25 PM)miekiemoes Wrote: [ -> ]I already have this problem since the update to 1.4.
When emails are being sent from my forum (using php-mail), the headers in the from field says: "" <> instead of "name of my forum" <mailaddress>
This results in the fact that many of these mails arrive in the spambox or are being blocked on the server.
The strange thing is, it doesn't happen all the time. I do get mails from my forum with everything displayed correctly in the "from" field. And I've noticed that, when it's displayed correctly, that it was because of the Mass Mail task which was set to run right before I received the mail. Could be coincidence ofcourse Smile

I already updated to 1.4.1 in a meanwhile, but that didn't solve the problem.
I tried smtp in a meanwhile as well, but that gave me the same problem.
I also contacted my host and explained them the problem, but they said it's the forumsoftware and not them.
So I'm confused now, since I don't know how to solve this issue.

Thanks.

might be a cache issue there. try clearing out the cache before sending out any news or mailings.. see if that helps Smile
Thanks.

Forgot to mention that I already tried that before and it didn't make a difference.
same problem on my side on my second board i transfered today Sad

as info this happens only because i update from an mybb 1.2.13 to 1.4.1 on my other board which was an convert from phpbb2 to mybb 1.2.14 and then to 1.4.14 it doesnt happen
Not a big deal but whenever someone replies to a thread, the email notification sometimes says (unknown sender) and other times it'll list my forums name.

Why is this occurring and is there any way to fix it?
Any way to solve this even if it isn't really a huge issue?
What version of MyBB are you using?
have the same problem on version 1.4.1 i updated from 1.2.13 to the last one.
tzhe funny thing it doesnt happen on all mails but dont have an idea why Sad

regards cHarOn
Same as the last guy, Mybb 1.4.1. I always update whenever there's a newer official release available.Smile
I've already posted about this before here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-36228.html
So in a way, I'm glad I'm not the only one Smile
Pages: 1 2