MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What has happend to the themers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Maybe it is me but man this is sorely lacking in terms of new themes for 1.4. Top that off i see a number of people who have done themes for MYBB have basically now moved all their works etc to their own sites. That is NOT GOOD at all as it makes it look like there is hardly anyone here doing themes for MYBB because nothing new is showing up in the theme forum. No word has been said by any of them either.

So what is going on and or what has happend to cause these people to start doing this?

In either case i HIGHLY suggest if any of them read this they reconsider ESPECIALLY if they want people using their themes free or not. People are NOT gonna know about you or your work if there is nothing here on THIS FORUM/SITE. I doubt that many will go the extra steps to do a search just so they can find thier way to your sites. People come to this site and see hardly anything new in the release forum i am pretty sure they will just go elsewhere.

And i dont understand why this seems to be such a big issue here at MYBB? I have never seen so many who do it this way at any of the other forum softwares and i STRONGLY believe it is partly what is holding back this software. What is the problem?

In either case i just dont understand why this place cant attract better/more themers. Very discouraging to say the least. As good as MYBB is it just doesnt make sense. In either case hopefully some work is being done to find out why. I figured 1.4 would help alot in this regard but it seems like it has not. Very sad considering all the work the developers put into this great piece of software.
you are absolutely right
Have you two ever created a theme?
(2008-08-22, 12:23 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Have you two ever created a theme?

Thats NOT the point and YES i have. And yes i plan on doing a few for here as well. Again though that is NOT the point. Point is those who were doing them are not anymore and or have moved their work elsewhere and that is not good FOR YOU GUYS and or MYBB.

By this logic, as I am not a musician I cannot criticize bad music?
Quote:That is NOT GOOD at all as it makes it look like there is hardly anyone here doing themes for MYBB because nothing new is showing up in the theme forum. No word has been said by any of them either.

Take that up with them, it's their choice what they want to do, has nothing to do with MyBB!

Quote:People are NOT gonna know about you or your work if there is nothing here on THIS FORUM/SITE.

Search engines/sites were created for a reason!

Let's look at this another way, many of whoever create a lot of things for MyBB (themes plugins etc.) are on the "young" side of life, and eventually they find other "paths" in their lives to follow, but at least they have their own lives to live however they want to live it. I'll bet that when you were younger, you had changing ideas as to what you wanted to do.

Since you've stated that you've created a theme, why would you start such a post thread like this, why not spend your time creating other themes yourself? After all you've stated in previous post threads that you were maybe getting into that kind of thing.
(2008-08-22, 12:36 AM)Tamer Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

By this logic, as I am not a musician I cannot criticize bad music?

Hopefully they know i am not blaiming them. It is not thier responsibility to do/release themes. I ofcourse greatly appreciate the ones who have though. Smile

However IF i were them i would be asking myself why there is the issue here of attracting new themers and or keeping the ones they have here active on THIS forum/site? I just dont understand the lack of layalty to MYBB as far as this goes. I mean what more do those guys want? Hopefully they will give a few answers in this thread.
(2008-08-22, 01:03 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:That is NOT GOOD at all as it makes it look like there is hardly anyone here doing themes for MYBB because nothing new is showing up in the theme forum. No word has been said by any of them either.

Take that up with them, it's their choice what they want to do, has nothing to do with MyBB!

Quote:People are NOT gonna know about you or your work if there is nothing here on THIS FORUM/SITE.

Search engines/sites were created for a reason!

Let's look at this another way, many of whoever create a lot of things for MyBB (themes plugins etc.) are on the "young" side of life, and eventually they find other "paths" in their lives to follow, but at least they have their own lives to live however they want to live it. I'll bet that when you were younger, you had changing ideas as to what you wanted to do.

Since you've stated that you've created a theme, why would you start such a post thread like this, why not spend your time creating other themes yourself? After all you've stated in previous post threads that you were maybe getting into that kind of thing.

You fail to understand that with them doing that they are not only hurting MYBB but as well themselves. Again new people come here thinking about trying out MYBB and see nothing what exactly do you think they are gonna do? Believe it or not this is one of the deal breakers with people when they are looking at this type of software and i can careless how good it's features are etc. Most dont care for the theme that comes pre-made for the script.

Again STOP trying to shift the blame on me and others. As said above i have done my own themes so it really doesnt affect me. UNDERSTAND or do i need to repeate myself? I do however care for MYBB and cant stand to see it crapped on like this as it deserves ALOT better as there is NO other free system as good as it is and the developers have busted their tails off for ALL OF US which includes you as well.

As for them being young then why cant MYBB attract newer older themers?
In either case i see nothing wrong with what has been said here as i am certainly not bashing any of them. Again though they too need to realize that nobody ( Mybb and them ) is gonna go anywhere doing it the way they are. Doesnt help either with some of the rediculous post requirements a couple of them have. MOST people dont have time for that for one and for another again there is hardly anyone releasing anything here on MYBB. Again it is a huge turnoff for mybb which again isnt good for anyone. Would be ALOT different if this place was as large a community as the others but it isnt and wont be till this crap changes. How hard is that to understand?

As far as taking it up with them that IS what this thread is here for. Wink
this thread is funny. Themes are being released here. People have the right to release their creations on their sites.
(2008-08-22, 01:47 AM)incadudeF Wrote: [ -> ]this thread is funny. Themes are being released here. People have the right to release their creations on their sites.

DID i EVER say they didnt have the right to release on thier own forum?
It's their choice and well maybe they just haven't had the time to post them here too. Or they are waiting till all their themes are updated. Plus some have probably left MyBB sadly.Sad

Patience is key. "Rome wasn't built in a day", at least that's what they tell me Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5