MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Old bug is back "Here"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the one that causes ie 6 to have that delay when posting a response/new thread etc on THIS FORUM has started again. The page loads are terrible at best as well again. For some odd reason it hasnt affected my site as badly. Thus not sure if or what kind of bug this is?
Was a time when these forums would fly but not anymore. Not with ie 6 anyways.

Oh and before anyone starts with the it is my computer hold off. I have FF 2 installed as well and it does NOT have this issue. And so no it is not my system.
(2008-08-22, 12:36 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and before anyone starts with the it is my computer hold off. I have FF 2 installed as well and it does NOT have this issue. And so no it is not my system.

Actually IE6 loads these forums faster than FF2 for me Smile Just tested posting and also it is lightning fast.

The only thing ugly is my avatar and signature Sad
Nothing has changed here with the jscripts for a while now so whatever it is, it's not on our end
(2008-08-22, 12:43 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-22, 12:36 AM)HarryWx Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and before anyone starts with the it is my computer hold off. I have FF 2 installed as well and it does NOT have this issue. And so no it is not my system.

Actually IE6 loads these forums faster than FF2 for me Smile Just tested posting and also it is lightning fast.

Oh wow i never noticed that till now with your avatar and sig. Sorry man. Why is that though? It is like the goofy header here which will only display as it should on FF. Even IE 7 it is off. Well the search button anyways. It sticks out to the right.

As said above not sure if this is/was a bug or not. Just going by what i have happening. Strange to say the least.
(2008-08-22, 12:43 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh and yeah i have been hanging out using FF for a little while now and do see what you mean . Is a little delay but nothing like i have had with ie 6 though. Again i dont have this issue on my forum or any other as well. Thus It may just be a ISP thing.
His avitar/sig probably looks funny because IE6 does not support semi transparent PNG's.
IE plain sucks at any version.
FF2 -> FF3 makes the resized avatars look a lot better and non pixelated. Does FF3 anti-alias resized images?
My shrunken avatar still looks ugly.

* Dennis Tsang finds a way to hack it to show original size Sad