MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fav. MyBB Feature? PR2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, whats your guys favourite feature for the PR2 (Public Release 2) for MyBB? And possibly tell why?

Mine would have to be the "Continue to edit this template after submit?". You can find this when editting any of the templates for your themes. For me, the reason why this is my favourite so far is that, I'm heavily involved with theming and template modifications. It's making template editing so much easier. Since, a lot of the times, I don't know how the forum will react to a certain HTML/PHP code I have placed on the template. If the forum had a side-effect, then no problem, just go back to the Admin CP, and try something else or remove it.

It's making it easier especially on those templates all the way down. There was already enough frustration having your "sure-fire" code get spit out by the forums, then having to SCROLL down, and click another link etc etc.

This particular forum was getting rather dead and I was interested in hearing your guys thought. Most of the users here are administrators, so it's a good way of asking what you think of the software so far?
Mine got to be the new theme system, why caused now i have more control over my themes.
I'm not much of a themer (although I have a few I want to make eventually) and I dont have a giant public forums so user features and multiple groups and other things like it arn't really needed.

I am however a very keen modder. And the new plugin system is so easy to understand and code with (once you get past the inital complexity barrier). The features for the plugin system make things so easy to install and uninstall now (see my two available plugins so far, they were the two most popular of my mods (stats from MM's mods site) so I updated them first) and the activate/deactivate features are great! And multiple hooks are allowed so you can make multiple page/code mods in one file Big Grin The reason I havn't converted all my mods to plugins is not because its hard to but because I simply dont have time atm.

So my vote has got to be for the plugin system.
My favorite feature in PR2 is the updated usergroup system to allow multiple usergroups per user, and publically joinable usergroups. I liked phpBB's multiple usergroups per user feature, and now I can get it in MyBB for free with the best forum software so yeah, I'm happy that I can leave phpBB behind now.
That's very good to hear. But for the sakes of this discussion, wasn't there a feature that you like other than the forum itself as a whole? I'm sure when you first seen and tried out MyBB that you were impressed with it. But, as most BB's nowadays, they either have the same feature as the last one you had. But, I would wager that there was probably a feature or two that MyBB has over your previous forum software that just made it go to the edge and making you want to use it.
Ummm... I guess the new Plugin or Theme System in MyBB PR2.
The plugin system. Doh. It's also the best piece of coding in MyBB Toungue
since I am no coder myself....the multiple usergroup-thingy will get my vote...
Running a forum where I will have the entire site revolve around the MyBB usertable from CMS to events calendars and have multiple access-levels to various resources on the site....this will make it so much easier Smile

cheers,
Kimmo