MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok my forum user groups are not working and im not getting any help in thread i posted. So can someone tell me how to only import the treads and posts on a new install of MyBB. As its the only way i can think of sorting out my problems... Sigh Sigh....
import only mybb_forums,mybb_post and mybb_users tables on phpmyadmin Wink
LOL... i cant get it to import any database at all...
Error Error Error.. over and over....
I cant even get it back to how it was.. Sigh.... I cant import any databases at all.
Man i wish... Really wish i never upgraded to 1.4... Since the change i have no end of trouble and very little support....
can you can you export the back up in the admin ?

then we maybe able to delete the tables that you dont need ?

and the support for 1.2 is still the same at the moment
*UPDATE*
Hope the double poster here works. It didnt on my 1.4. LOL.. but i wanted to add a few things and an image. And an edit did not offer attachments. So double post in order.
here is a sceen shot of the error.
[attachment=10719]
Would love it if someone could help me here. I actually scrapped the last forum as i was getting so so many errors...
Was hoping this would fix it. LOL...
Man i hate sql..
right ok if you dont want to upload you database here drop it to me in a pm so i can see if i can see what is wrong Big Grin

also can you give a bigger story of what happen ?
(2008-08-22, 08:40 AM)Tazfan Wrote: [ -> ]can you can you export the back up in the admin ?

then we maybe able to delete the tables that you dont need ?

and the support for 1.2 is still the same at the moment

Sorry we both seem to have posted at the same time.
I have a full backup of the forum. But i cant import it for some reason.
I am not skilled in sql at all.
But i have been able to restore databases in the past.
I only backed up the whole forum. Not select parts. And i did try just reinstall forum with old database but it failed... Or i would have tried to just backup posts and threads.
ok make a new database and import the full backup what happens when you do that ?
Yea i will put my database up. No probs. Sorry i miss understood.

Long story you ask. LOL..
Ok i upgraded my forum to 1.4 and had loads of things go wrong.
I think it was a theme issue. Anyway i had things like double poster etc not work. User groups not changing. Image resizing not working. Well lots of things not working. Emails not working also. So i deleted it all. Uploaded new copy of 1.4 and changed only image uploads and settings.php and config.php and it solved most problems. But the email problem was not fixed. I decided today to delete the entire site database etc. And start again as it was bugging me real bad. I got my host to delete everything as i wanted to do a few other things to the host account. Actually changed to a different server.
Anyway that brought me to here. No forum. LOL...
I had been looking to change to another forum like phpbb but could not get a converter so decided to give it another go. Suffice it to say if i cant get this restored i am not going to try again with MyBB. Just so much trouble for me since the upgrade. Before 1.4 i was a big fan.. Now i am not so sure.......
(2008-08-22, 08:48 AM)Tazfan Wrote: [ -> ]ok make a new database and import the full backup what happens when you do that ?

That pic is what happens when i try import the full backup.
it seems simple where is you database back up and files before you update to 1.4. you just need to add them back to get your fourms working like when i was running 1.2 i take i you have this as it did say to do this when updating to 1.4 here

as for it going 1.4 is just fine you just have to follow to upgrade you cant just jump. if it was a templates problem then you just need to post here as there is away to see what has change in the temples of 1.4 and it will do it all for you. (Most of the time) but it can be fixed you got lots of people here that will help you the staff here help a lot more then on other software like phpbb and smf and all the others and you also have lots of great members that are willing to help you Big Grin

so do you still have the old files and database backup ?

if not i am willing to give it a try to see if i can get this working for you

and please dont say it the mybb software that did this to your forum as it was you Big Grin
as i have update 2 forums to 1.4 with no problems at all with many plugins and a theme ect
Pages: 1 2