MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transferring Mybb 1.4 to another url on the same host.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have tried to work it out myself but can only find info on moving to another host.I am trying to move my forum from it's position of /forum to /. This is what I have done.

I downloaded /forum to my computer then uploaded it to /. Then in admin I changed the board url to reflect this change. Next I CHMOD inc/config.php , inc/settings.php,uploads/, uploads/avatars/ to 777.

My trouble is that when I go to the new address of the board I log in, get the message that I have successfully logged in, but then I am returned to the board without being logged in.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Pete.
Sounds like a cookie issue. Go into the settings.php file and edit the forum URL and cookie settings to reflect the new location. Wink
Yes !!! Big Grin That did the trick. Thanks and have a great day KuJoe.
KuJoe is right Smile

When you've done that, clear your cache and cookies.
(2008-08-22, 10:22 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a cookie issue. Go into the settings.php file and edit the forum URL and cookie settings to reflect the new location. Wink

(2008-08-22, 11:27 AM)The Enigmatist Wrote: [ -> ]Yes !!! Big Grin That did the trick. Thanks and have a great day KuJoe.

You must change the settings also in the ACP or else next time you save a setting, the cookie settings will be overwritten and you will revert to the old cookie settings.
(2008-08-22, 06:12 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-22, 10:22 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a cookie issue. Go into the settings.php file and edit the forum URL and cookie settings to reflect the new location. Wink

(2008-08-22, 11:27 AM)The Enigmatist Wrote: [ -> ]Yes !!! Big Grin That did the trick. Thanks and have a great day KuJoe.

You must change the settings also in the ACP or else next time you save a setting, the cookie settings will be overwritten and you will revert to the old cookie settings.

Yes thanks Dennis. Have done that as well. Wink