MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good at FireFox, Chaos at Internet Explorer! Help, please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I was really surprised to see that after all the setting up procedures I did to my forum, it ran perfectly well in FireFox but turned to be chaos in Internet explorer. I cannot provide links as this is a private forum but I can provide links privately for staff members or any member who think he can help.

Please look at the screenshots and tell me what has happened and how to fix it! I am desperate to know! I just didn't do anything unusual.

What I see different:
- Bold text
- Orange background
- Center the forum names

I just want it to look exactly like FireFox.

Thanks!
I'm just taking a wild guess from looking at the source code in IE7 but you're missing an end tag for <p class="newsbar2">(missing the </p>).

EDIT: Also, the URL to your forum is in the pics you posted, might want to edit them if you want to keep it private. Smile
You added the latest news bar but you forgot to end it. Check your HTML, you are missing something like </p> or </div>

All the issues will be solved once you fix your HTML.
Edited attachments, thank you very much KuJoe. I had just panciked when I saw the problem and didn't notice the url thingy. LOL, it's crazy that I didn't think of the HTML error, dunno how this didn't come across my mind. Anyway, why would firefox show up correctly though there is no </p> and IE showed it that way?

Thanks, again, guys!
(2008-08-23, 10:16 AM)youssef93 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, why would firefox show up correctly though there is no </p> and IE showed it that way?

IE7 (and especially IE6) doesn't support HTML standards correctly, compared to Firefox or Opera, or any other recent browser.

IE8 is going to fix that, namely fully supporting stuff like Acid2.
*Confused* If IE7 is the one not supporting HTML standards then why is it the only of the 2 browsers to correctly display the HTML on his board?
Is there really a correct way of displaying syntactically-invalid HTML code?
But was the HTML technically invalid since it didn't end the <p> tag until it came across a </p>?
<p>

stuff here

<p>Hi Kujoe</p>

Not valid because one of the <p> does not have a corresponding end tag.
Touche'....
Pages: 1 2