MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template editing problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if it's just my server or not but I notice when I edit a template (such as the portal template) that if I copy and paste anything it sometimes adds additional line breaks either above or below the line I'm editing, sometimes mulitple lines above or below. The reason why I'm thinking this is server related is because I get the same problem if I am in cPanel and use the Code Edit mode in the new File Manager. It could also be IE7 related since this happens on all cPanel servers I've used (then again I try to keep all my servers with the same Apache/PHP configuration).

I'm using MyBB 1.4.1 with IE7.
Is the cPanel Code Editor also powered by CodePress?
No idear. I'll look into it momentarily.

EDIT: Not 100% but looks identical.
Sorry to bump this but any info on this? Whether or not it might be more server or browser?
Are you able to delete the extra lines?
Yes I am, but sometimes it will add additional lines elsewhere in the template so scanning each template after each edit or copy/paste is annoying. Is there anyway I can disable CodePress via file edits? Just let me know where to look if it's possible. Big Grin

I don't think the additional lines would hurt anything unless the lines occur in between actual text or something (which I've yet to encounter) but it's mainly the annoyance factor and my need to have my code neat. Wink
Codepress won't load if you disable JS on your browser.
Yes but that would disable JS on my site also. Sad

I guess I'll try to figure out a work around myself as it's getting worse (characters aren't updating when I type or delete them, some characters are reproducing (I just copied and pasted a link code and it added about 5 or 6 ">" at the end of it), and the arrow keys become unresponsive at times not letting me move down to the correct line. I also notice that for every blank line, when I do a copy and paste it adds an additional blank line for each existing one making the default 46 lines of code in a template jump up to 60-70 which is annoying. Sad
Woo hoo! Fixed! I just commented out the CodePress stuff in the templates.php file in the admin/modules/style/ directory. Smile
Sorry to bump this thread, but I can't for the life of me find the file that I can edit to disable CodePress, can somebody point me to the file so I can disable it? My browser crashes everytime I try to edit a template and I do not want to make any edits to my browser. Thanks.
Nvm, renaming the directory disables it. Big Grin