MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MySB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey ,

Guys this message is specially for the team of MyBB.
I am planning a new project, which will be a MySQL and php based script / Software.

By which people will have to get their personal site with just a simple installation, with the Admin CP of that software they will able to customize the existing pages of Site and will able to add more or delete existing,,,,,

I tried to find a name for this software, I found nothing but MySB ... "My site builder"

Well , Now the problem is that me and my friend thinks that it's alot similar to MyBB "My bulletin Board" but these two things are totally oposite things, and specially my software is not going to be such advanced and MyBB and is totally an other thing "not Bulletin Board"... and can't be compared with MyBB in any way..

So, My question is can I use this name for my project?? hope team will not have any problem with the similarity of names...

And if no , then also please guys suggest me a name, as I wrote what my software will do.. Please I want a small name, it can be a short for of a describring line ..... as MyBB is My Bulletin Board. So Please..

And If you think that I can use this name But you find an other idea also, Please give me.. I will be looking forward for ideas and suggestions,

I will get on developing today after-non, Please give me suggestions. And team please answer to my question,

Thanks a lot,
FAISAL~
A little off topic, but I wish you best of luck on this. I've been looking for a simple website builder script for ages that I could offer hosting for, similar to the way I offer free forum hosting. I am very interested in your project and I would love to see you succeed at this. I also know a bit of PHP and I've been thinking about making a similar script, so if you need any help let me know. Smile

Best of luck,
BMR777
(2008-08-23, 02:27 AM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]A little off topic, but I wish you best of luck on this. I've been looking for a simple website builder script for ages that I could offer hosting for, similar to the way I offer free forum hosting. I am very interested in your project and I would love to see you succeed at this. I also know a bit of PHP and I've been thinking about making a similar script, so if you need any help let me know. Smile

Best of luck,
BMR777

If you're looking for something like that I have a cms I built that I use for my sites. Its not quite basic as it has a bunch of features that I designed specifically for my sites of which you won't find anywhere else.

Anyway, have you tried MyCMS?
@rcpalace: Thanks for letting me know about MyCMS, I'll have to check it out. Also, have you ever thought of distributing your CMS program? Smile

BMR777
(2008-08-23, 03:11 AM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]@rcpalace: Thanks for letting me know about MyCMS, I'll have to check it out. Also, have you ever thought of distributing your CMS program? Smile

BMR777

I have thought about it but I don't think I'll be doing it soon. I want to see if I can have my company use it as the main site manager. I w
Best Regards.
(2008-08-23, 02:27 AM)BMR777 Wrote: [ -> ]A little off topic, but I wish you best of luck on this. I've been looking for a simple website builder script for ages that I could offer hosting for, similar to the way I offer free forum hosting. I am very interested in your project and I would love to see you succeed at this. I also know a bit of PHP and I've been thinking about making a similar script, so if you need any help let me know. Smile

Best of luck,
BMR777

You could probably use drupal as a base for such a project. There is already a sub-domain modules and multi site functionality built in. Although now that I think about that could require a good bit of power Toungue.
If I were you I wouldn't call drupal simple. Toungue
Drupal imho is a nightmare of features. No where close to simple.
I find it pretty simple although I don't look at code and what not. But you don't have to use everything included you can make it very simple by disabling a lot of modules.
I have found many CMS out there quite complicated to use. They cater to allow creation of both simple and complex websites.

But um.. going back to the main topic at hand, I don't see why the name can't be used, but personally if I were you I would choose a unique name. MySB sounds like a shoutbox plugin for MyBB.
Pages: 1 2