MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Ask] Make Display Post Template like this..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to make template like this attachment.
I think, this is should be change:
- postbit
- postbit_author_user
- and which CSS style to be change?
- or anything else?

Or, the simple thing you can refer this cute template.
http://ideas.mybboard.net/idea/template-conditionals

Can We do this on MyBB Template Scheme?

Thank you
You can do that, I'm sure of it, but it'd be difficult and time consuming... I'm not sure where to start though.
(2008-08-24, 05:15 AM)ahero4heor Wrote: [ -> ]You can do that, I'm sure of it, but it'd be difficult and time consuming...

Not to mention really ugly and uncomfortable to look at. :| Why do you want to do this?
I am afraid that I like this layout and it is just need more calm and easy colors like light blue or oceans. But I do like the idea a lot. I think we should wait till any designer find a time to explain such a thing, then I'll use it myself.
The closest thing, without the little speech arrows, would be to use the border-radius function only available in Webkit and Mozilla-based browsers.
Yes, I understand how difficult to implement for MyBB.
Because, I just build (modifying) portal like and retrieve some last post from different forum. Currently, displaying 10 last topics from 16 forum in one page!! Using as index.php and the originally index.php goes to forum.php. My visitor very like this view. No need to browse whole forum for one visit. Its display few important (traffic maker) forum..

I knew (few) how SMF did templating, also how simple PunBB/FluxBB did..
Templating give me a headache. Finally, I finished those portal like this
I am not a coder, just a moder (modifying) Smile

[Image: portalfh3.th.gif]
This would be calling on a few css modifications as well as html calls and images.. remember, the more calls you require, the more the database will have to work to produce what you are wanting and it will slow a forum down.. it isnt impossible but it would take time to figure it out and get working right as everyone else has said.. it is a good idea, if you can make it thru css, and if you wanted to use just the bubbles without the points on them.. adding the points (directions of who was talking.. could be just am image) would only be one call, so if you think of it that way, i am sure it could be done.. Smile
Yes, answer is CSS like PUN did. Now, I start learn basic CSS code.
Because new CSS-round (like BAS said) required Mozilla base browser, I wont implement that in my forum (at this time) because compatibility problem. Maybe, someday. After moving into 1.4 Smile

Smoky said is correct.
Calling few database query on different template (MyBB) for each topic display can stressing database. Maybe this solution can reduce that. Thats why, I use this custom query at frontpage only. I hope, my visitor did not refresh it many times Smile

Back to round-template topic, It would be nice idea.
Still, I find the way how to do that.
May the expert see this thread..