MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make a banner fit accross the screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, is there any kind of code or template edits I could do to resize the image in the attachment so it could fit exactly?

Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S: Please look at the screenshots and their descriptions to be able to easily understand my point.

Thanks again!
Google the editor irfanview, then open the pic up and resize it in the editor menu, and then save the file as you rename it , then go to photobucket and upload to your photo album, then
simply, use the direct link to place in your forum
you will see it will work out great i got a custome huge header type banner i created it was so cool but i lost some of its effects somehow,,,
well i learned alot more how or why now, but the header is like wow!
i will pm u for a link, i dont want my site to be indexed to me here,,,, and show you what i did for a header or banner!
(2008-08-23, 09:52 PM)Pow-Mia Wrote: [ -> ]Google the editor irfanview, then open the pic up and resize it in the editor menu, and then save the file as you rename it , then go to photobucket and upload to your photo album, then
simply, use the direct link to place in your forum
you will see it will work out great i got a custome huge header type banner i created it was so cool but i lost some of its effects somehow,,,
well i learned alot more how or why now, but the header is like wow!
i will pm u for a link, i dont want my site to be indexed to me here,,,, and show you what i did for a header or banner!

Thank you very much for your input but it seems that you didn't get my point.

I want the image automatically resized to fit in the white area as described in the attachments. I would also appreciate it if someone can help me edit the space between the image and the white area as described in the attachments. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I think he's talking about templates...
As a temporary fast solution you may use the html resizing
(2008-08-24, 06:09 PM)dvb Wrote: [ -> ]I think he's talking about templates...
As a temporary fast solution you may use the html resizing

HTML resizing? Well, do you mean that I manually enter the dimensions via HTML code? If that is, I still don't know the required dimensions to fit exactly across the screen without trouble. I still need some help, please...

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
using percentage maybe? Toungue
(2008-08-24, 07:00 PM)dvb Wrote: [ -> ]using percentage maybe? Toungue

Percentage? Sorry, didn't get that...
Well,ok. Never mind guys. I just got the problem solved by manually resizing the picture to 1031 X 356 and it seemed to fit perfectly. I just thought of giving the dimensions I used so any others who might be facing the problem can find dimensions to fit in the white area. Well, I do think this would be somehow different according to the themes or styles you use and some people/designers might edit this space using CSS so I am not sure if they dimensions I gave will help many people.

Anyway, that's what worked for me and you might want to try it out.

Thanks anyway for all the guys who tried to help out!