MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Extra VPS, what to do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just ordered my new VPS because my current one has been having some performance issues.

I'm trying to think of what to do with the other VPS now. According to the host the CPU issues should be fixed within the next week but I don't think I'll be moving my data back over to there, but the price is so good (and paid up for almost 3 months) so I don't think I'll be cancelling it just yet... what are some things I can do with it for the time being?

Specs:
CentOS5
cPanel/WHM
HyperVM
Intel Xeon 1.6GHz (x2)
512MB dedicated RAM
60GB SATA
600GB Bandwidth
Put a site on it Toungue. Or if your start a proxy with school starting and a lot of the well known ones blocked already you can make some quick money off of ads(until it's blocked anyway).
Maplestory/Wow/Runescape/Etc. Private Game servers! Big Grin
I can do a maplestory fairly easily. Wink
(2008-08-24, 04:58 AM)ahero4heor Wrote: [ -> ]Maplestory/Wow/Runescape/Etc. Private Game servers! Big Grin
I can do a maplestory fairly easily. Wink

To bad it's ILLEGAL! Well I know you can for some games but the ones you listed not so much Toungue. It is an option I guess though although it can be a ton of work.
Eh, I was trying to think of something other than a website... I can throw a new website on my new VPS, I was trying to think of something interesting that I've never considered.

A gameserver is a nice idea, but the goal is to keep it legal, low cost, and something I have up and running before my time left expires. I have been meaning to start working on my vbGore MMORPG again... maybe a nice web based RPG? Suggestions? Big Grin
well you could install shoutcast and just have a big mp3 playlist..
you could have a proxy as said before other then that i do not know!
Give away some hosting? Maybe put your ads on their sites or something. Start a free host it's all up to you.

Start a MyBB host(With BMR77(I think that's his nickname) mod).
Already have a free host (even though the free hosting market is flooded with providers so I've had 0 sign-ups since it started so I've given up advertising for it for now). I guess installing the MyBB Multihost mod isn't a bad idea. Big Grin
That's pretty nice for a VPS. Probably the bandwidth is a little low in my opinion - I'm somewhat nearing my 1000GB/month limit somehow...
Just got a new dedicated server, so I'm somewhat also thinking about what to do to utilize the hardware (without exceeding 1000GB/mo in transfers :/). Toungue
Quote:I'm somewhat nearing my 1000GB/month limit somehow...

Zinga, that's quite a bit of traffic you're using there. Wink

KuJoe, here's a link to my MyBB Multiforums Mod if you want it. Smile

BMR777
Pages: 1 2