MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rich-text (WYSIWYG) editing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It'd be nice if MyBB 1.0 came standard with rich-text editing. All the major BBS now have this (vB, IPB, WowBB, Burning Board, etc.), so why not MyBB?
A WYSIWYG editor will hopefully be in MyBB 1.2 Big Grin
Is that a official word from the creator or not?
Quote:hopefully
Toungue Its one of the things we want to add (I think Big Grin), along with a few other wicked features Big Grin No promises though, it might not get included because diffculties, or until a version after that! Who knows Toungue
Personally, I think a WYSIWYG editor, in a way, is a bloat. I've been using BBCode / HTML too long for me to want to see a "live preview" of what I'm going to write.
eXaulz Wrote:Personally, I think a WYSIWYG editor, in a way, is a bloat. I've been using BBCode / HTML too long for me to want to see a "live preview" of what I'm going to write.

Agreed. I think it's overkill. Even if it were implemented, I would want an "off" switch for it.
IMPAQ Wrote:
eXaulz Wrote:Personally, I think a WYSIWYG editor, in a way, is a bloat. I've been using BBCode / HTML too long for me to want to see a "live preview" of what I'm going to write.

Agreed. I think it's overkill. Even if it were implemented, I would want an "off" switch for it.
Of course it could be turned on and off. But keep in mind that not everyone is good with BBCode, so for many, it's much easier to simply highlight text and press a button. They get a live preview to make sure the formatting is how they want it.