MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Additional User Settings - Ideas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Currently the Additional User Settings plugin for MyBB 1.2.x adds the following per-user settings:
  • Moderate posts
  • Disallow signature change
  • Disallow avatar change
  • Disallow PM sending
  • Disallow posting
  • Disallow voting
  • Disallow reputation adding

I'm looking for suggestions as to what can be added...

So far I have:
  • Globally ignored (posts by this user will be hidden by default)
  • Disallow attachment downloading

Are there any other specific restrictions that people are looking for?
I think it's alright, Dennis. I just have a question about the global ignore. How are the posts hidden? As in, using the same mechanism as the ignore list? And if someone's on global ignore, can individual users decide to view this person's posts, if they choose (not that this would be a good idea)?

Oh and one last thing real quick.... With the 1.2x version, there was an issue with posts "not existing" that was a known bug. Will that be corrected?

Many thanks =)
(2008-08-24, 08:52 AM)tristan/SMM Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's alright, Dennis. I just have a question about the global ignore. How are the posts hidden? As in, using the same mechanism as the ignore list?
They will be silently added to the ignore list, so yes it is the same mechanism to hide posts. As with the existing feature, the viewing user has the option to unhide selective posts.

(2008-08-24, 08:52 AM)tristan/SMM Wrote: [ -> ]And if someone's on global ignore, can individual users decide to view this person's posts, if they choose (not that this would be a good idea)?
It's not currently on the design plan...would it really be useful?

(2008-08-24, 08:52 AM)tristan/SMM Wrote: [ -> ]Oh and one last thing real quick.... With the 1.2x version, there was an issue with posts "not existing" that was a known bug. Will that be corrected?

Many thanks =)

Sorry you'll have to re-explain this, I forgot what this is.
Can you upgrade this? That'd be tremendously helpful.
Yes that's the whole point of this thread, I'm getting some suggestions for what else to include in the upgrade.
I wrote something similar a long time ago, if you want ideas: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-28051.html

Might upgrade it sometime in the future.

Thanks for the plugins BTW, DennisTT Toungue
(2008-08-25, 12:10 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]I wrote something similar a long time ago, if you want ideas: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-28051.html

Might upgrade it sometime in the future.

Thanks for the plugins BTW, DennisTT Toungue

How about a "mute".. ie: every time user attempts to post, he gets a you cant post, you are mute type thing? Smile
^ That sounds the same as
DennisTT Wrote:
  • Disallow posting
...to me...
Yup.

Zinga, most of yours can be changed using secondary usergroups. Instead of reinventing the wheel I want to create additional permissions that people would want to use, but I do see some useful ones in your list that I may consider adding. Adding all of them would just be bloat not to mention time-consuming.

BTW, don't expect this plugin to be released before MyBB 1.4.2 Wink
(2008-08-25, 07:09 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Zinga, most of yours can be changed using secondary usergroups. Instead of reinventing the wheel I want to create additional permissions that people would want to use, but I do see some useful ones in your list that I may consider adding. Adding all of them would just be bloat not to mention time-consuming.
Yeah, it was mostly for the money system's purpose. Was just giving some ideas Toungue

Sounds good!
Pages: 1 2