MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IdeaBox - Throw in your ideas!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To help theme makers make themes you want and like, I have decided to create this thread. Theme designers should always check back to the IdeaBox before starting new themes, to get criteria on what users want to see.

Post all your ideas here now!
I always thought this forum is already for the purposes you posted above, or are you the new "Theme Boss"!? Toungue
Lol. I just found it a good idea for designers to get ideas on themes to make. Plus it means that a lot of ideas can go into one theme rather than creating several themes on request.

If any staff members think this idea is rubbish, then they can close the thread ;]
I think it is a GREAT idea!

Whenever I get the time to theme, I spend half of the time trying to come up with an idea!

This thread could give us designers some ideas, as long as it doesn't turn into "Hey can you make this theme I found for phpBB/Invision for MyBB?" requests.

Big Grin
Yeah, I would like to point out this is just for ideas. Don't make theme requests here as they will be ignored. Just state ideas like, rounded corners etc. Also thanks for your comment lorddonk. Now let's get the IdeaBox used now, I'm free and bored, so making a theme would take up my spare time ;]
Okay, well here's some ideas for people. Some I tried to do but I could never agree on the colors so I gave up, hehe:

Beach Themed
A bright green header, sandy colored welcome panel and various blues and greens throughout

Sand Themed
A theme of varying sandy colors with seashells for the board icons.

"Road Trip" theme
Yellow table headers, and varying blacks with bright red stop sign board icons.

USA theme
Red white and blue. I liked this idea the most but all my designs/drafts ended up looking like poo
(2008-08-24, 03:34 PM)lorddonk Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is a GREAT idea!

Whenever I get the time to theme, I spend half of the time trying to come up with an idea!

I agree. Usually, the hardest thing about skinning is the inspiration that's needed. Smile
Good idea! I got some ideas. I want a theme with a vBulletin nav bar. And not to dark..

Sorry for my bad Engelish.
Examples of generic comments like "too bright" and "too dark" would be nice Smile