MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: TAZ, Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread was copied from Discuss Admin, original thread here:
Why DA Was Created
Today, I was going to post Discuss Admin on The Admin Zone for review, we qualified for the requirements and I also have been a member for a week and over 10 posts. However, The Admin Zone deleted the thread! That's right, they didn't want all the traffic to go away, so they deleted the whole entire thread. Not only that, they also censored the words DiscussAdmin.com. They changed it to AnotherBoard.com. You see? I would accept any board for review, even if it is a rival board with the same topic. I would encourage it for a challenge, but not TAZ. I am not furious, but just kinda of feeling very sad, I mean why has TAZ turned into this? Before it was a good site, but look at it now. This is the review content:
Site Name: Discuss Admin
URL: Discuss Admin.com (No Space)
Topics: Administration Discussion
Software: MyBB
Launch Date: 8/16/08
Members: 35
Threads: 118
(Why is anotherboard changed to Another Board?)

(Obviously, they also censored the whole Discuss Admin in General.)
the taz admin and moderators need a reality check. they just dont want competition,
Yeah, I don't want to criticize them or anything. I just want a TAZ Admin or Staff read this thread and hopefully change what they're doing.
(2008-08-24, 05:08 PM)Destoyer Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I don't want to criticize them or anything. I just want a TAZ Admin or Staff read this thread and hopefully change what they're doing.

Quick question. Let's turn the table for a little while. How about another site in the same genre as yours comes and posts their site on your forum. What actions would you take?

Same applies to MyBB. I don't see an official MyBB to Vbulletin converter here on this forum. Wink
(2008-08-24, 05:32 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-24, 05:08 PM)Destoyer Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I don't want to criticize them or anything. I just want a TAZ Admin or Staff read this thread and hopefully change what they're doing.

Quick question. Let's turn the table for a little while. How about another site in the same genre as yours comes and posts their site on your forum. What actions would you take?

Same applies to MyBB. I don't see an official MyBB to Vbulletin converter here on this forum. Wink

Exactly it applies with almost everything in less you work out a deal with them before hand that you will have a link exchange and work of each others strengths instead of being a jack of all trades.

So no offense this makes this thread pointless in the real world. Because I'm sure almost any admin would remove it's largest competition from it's listings.
I wouldn't, I like challenges. If they do take away all my members, I'll try to change and get my members back.
(2008-08-24, 06:15 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't, I like challenges. If they do take away all my members, I'll try to change and get my members back.

Well you are a rare one. And a lot of us like competition we just don't like helping them.Toungue
Keep this on your forum, no need to complain about it here.

And um...it makes logical sense to not allow competition to advertise on your board. You don't see SMF and vBulletin advertisements and reviews here for the same reason.