MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Textarea overhangs no matter what I do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is a fresh install with few things changed yet the editor's textarea always overhangs (in newreply, newthread, pm, sig editor, etc). Even with the default template. I don't understand. The picture I am showing you is a very small example of what is an even bigger problem in my custom template. In my custom template the textarea overlapped so far that it covered the 'signature' and 'disable smilies' check boxes and thus I had to increase my cols width to 80; however, even after doing that the current problem shown in my attachment image still occurs (at this forum, too).

Not sure what is causing this. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Oooh that would really annoy me!! Toungue

What browser are you using?? And can you PM me a test account??
Yes, it is rather annoying. It's not only happening on one forum, either; it's happening on three different boards (two which were upgraded and one which is a fresh install). The problem is occurring in Firefox 2.0.0.16, but not in IE7. Not sure about IE6.

I am using Vista.

I'm afraid I can't provide a test account at the moment. Perhaps later.

NOTE:
The problem occurs at this forum, too.
Anyone?

Thanks.
You said it happens here too... and it doesn't with me so it's a problem with your browser.
(2008-08-26, 03:09 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]You said it happens here too... and it doesn't with me so it's a problem with your browser.

Yup, Matt is completely right, it's obviously a problem with your own browser. I have been using firefox since the release of 2 and along until the release of 3. Never had such a problem. Anyway, I would suggest reinstalling the SAME version of firefox that you have installed, just to ensure that other users who use the same firefox version don't encounter that problem (I doubt that it's a release bug or something, anyway)
Browsers are just weird sometimes... the new IE, IE8, displays my forum terribly, yet it's fine in IE7.

Use Opera, it's much better than the others.
I use Opera, and I see the "overhang" on this board... :p

[attachment=10829] (v9.27)

[attachment=10830] (v9.52)
I didn't think it was just my browser. I just updated to Firefox 3 and even though the new thread and reply textareas are now ok, when I edit my signature the box still overlaps.
Well it's fine for me, and you said it happens here too and it doesn't for other people... sometimes the way a browser displays can even be different for different people, but that's all it is, a browser display problem.

See my attachments... it's fine for me on here and your forum.

[attachment=10833][attachment=10834][attachment=10835][attachment=10836]
Pages: 1 2 3