MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My New Project (A MyBB Case Study)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When do you plan on upgrading to 1.4? J/K. Toungue

As for critisism, I'm not a big fan of the color scheme (is that orange and blue?). To bright IMO. Take this as you may from a mostly blue-yellow color blind person. Wink
(2008-08-27, 07:34 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]When do you plan on upgrading to 1.4? J/K. Toungue

As for critisism, I'm not a big fan of the color scheme (is that orange and blue?). To bright IMO. Take this as you may from a mostly blue-yellow color blind person. Wink

As much as I hate to admit it, I think you're right about the color scheme. It seems that I've been in denial about the color scheme actually looking professional.

Back to the drawing board Wink
It's not bad, but its a bit "childish". I guess it could appeal to parents and such, but it's to cartoony for teenagers and single adults IMO. The logo is nice, I wouldn't change that (except to match the color scheme of course), but the really bold font looks a bit "bubbly" (might just be from the compression from the screenshot though).
(2008-08-27, 07:45 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]It's not bad, but its a bit "childish". I guess it could appeal to parents and such, but it's to cartoony for teenagers and single adults IMO. The logo is nice, I wouldn't change that (except to match the color scheme of course), but the really bold font looks a bit "bubbly" (might just be from the compression from the screenshot though).

I absolutely agree with you. When I first started out, I liked the blue and orange because I used them both in moderation. But after a while, I caught myself using way too much of both.

I'm going to work on a softer and more rich design, which I'll post here later.

Thanks again for your comments, I greatly appreciate it! Smile
A mustard color is fine to use but imho...you should make your background white and the mustard won't stand out anymore.
(2008-08-27, 10:48 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]A mustard color is fine to use but imho...you should make your background white and the mustard won't stand out anymore.

Thanks for your reply! I tried changing the background to white, but I still think it is too bright.

I downloaded one of Justin's excellent themes to use as the layout, and I changed the colors a bit (I changed the header, welcome block, thead, tcat, and tfoot images and colors). What do you think of this scheme?

[attachment=10842]

Please disregard the logo color right now, I still have yet to find the correct color combination.
Very nice. Smile
wttf man

that is so impressive!
Here is an excellent idea from Zash, I recommend checking it out:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-36945.html
Pages: 1 2