MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I get my forum width to be smaller?

And, is there anyway I can get my forum posts to look vertical? Like, 1.2 had it, where the username, posts, avatar, and all that were all the way to the left, then the post to right?

Thanks.
You can change the layout via your user cp

Goto User CP --> Edit Options --> Check the Display Posts In Classic View Box under Thread View Options
I tried that, and it didn't work. Avatar, Username are to the left above the post, and posts, registration date, etc is to the right above the post still...

Is it because I'm using a different skin?
Try using the Default Profile Mod from DennisTT

Link: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/default-profile

It lets you make classic view default.
It didn't change anything. Sad

I'm not sure why this is happening, and for some reason I can't view signatures either.

I'm using AFresh Chocolate btw, if that changes anything..
The default postbit view set in the ACP only works for guests.

You can't view signatures because your User CP settings are set to that.

And you can change the width in the index template.
You mean when you register you'll always see username, avatar, and stats above the post and not off to the left? Sad

How come I could do it in 1.2?
Well the user can change it themselves, but there's no way to force a particular style onto users, unless you mess around with templates.

Just change your User CP option, you've probably unticked the box saying you can view sigs.
How do you change it in the user cp?

I don't get why I could view threads with all user information to the left on the old myBB, but not this version?
User CP, edit options.

To view the info on the left, tick the box saying to view posts in classic mode.

And just under that, check the box to view sigs.
Pages: 1 2