MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Make text not bold in the newsbar? (Template edits)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys!

I use the newsbar described here for 1.4.
Well, I have tried to make the default text in the newsbar not bold, like the newsbars here, at Mybb. My attempt was the following:

open and find in index page templates > index:
<style type="text/css">
.newsbar {
	background: #D6ECA6;
	border-top: 2px solid #8DC93E;
	border-bottom: 2px solid #8DC93E;
	text-align: center;
	margin: 10px auto;
	padding: 5px 20px;
	font-weight: bold;
}
</style>

Remove:
font-weight: bold;

Thought that would do it but amazingly, after I saved the template and viewed the forum, the text in the newsbar was still bold. I just want the default text to be normal unless I use the <b> tags like we already do with the <u> and <i> tags for example.

Thanks in advance!
When that happened to me I just refreshed the page and it worked... coz it should work once that has been removed.
LOL, something really odd happened. I thought the index template I was editing might be retrieving the CSS info from the headerinclude template in the ungrouped templates. I had put a copy from the newsbar style in that template in case I wanted to put any Global newsbar. I assume that what was wrong is that the "class" of the newsbar at the header include template was the same as the class at the index template. LOL, so whatever I do at the index template, the style of the newsbar is still retrieved from the headerinclude or I don't know, maybe compared to what's in the index template and the differences applied. So I thought I would let you know what happened in case someone had a similar problem.

Thank you Matt for your attempt to help.